hudson did ok, he will improve as season goes on

dunn is struggling at the plate

six run inning was a blast to watch

pics to follow
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Good to hear you had a good time.

Dunn will probably keep struggling as long as he keeps batting 6th ahead of Aurilia.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Rookie ERA
    aurilia is heating up. if he keeps it up much longer, say bye bye to starting freel.

freel at 2b
    felipe at ss

is it that hard? we couldnt keep our hometown legend larkin but we are determined to have freaking rich aurilia start as much as possible??? what the ****

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I'm sure Miley was hoping Rich would hit the poor D-Rays' pitching, so he'd have more "justification" for starting him more often.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Good to hear you had a good time.

Dunn will probably keep struggling as long as he keeps batting 6th ahead of Aurilia.
    Sigh. I wish people would get off the "the spot in the lineup dictates how well you hit". I have a very strong feeling that some here are going to the "other" board and echoing what the lemmings are saying there over here. If you're a great hitter, you will do great NO MATTER where you bat in the lineup. If you're a great hitter hitting in front of a poor hitter, then you will still get on base via the walk if the pitches you receive are that bad. Or you will hammer mistake pitchers. Just as a poor hitter will never do great, even if he's batting in front of Barry Bonds. Dunn is struggling because that is usually what he does in between homerun binges. It is not the fault of Miley. Miley's fault is putting Dunn as low as he is when the best hitters need to be at the top of the lineup if for only getting more plate appearances.

MLB ERA
    Having Rich Aurilia behind you will hurt anyone. He's not going to hit the RBI some want him to batting 6th. That's for sure. He might well draw plenty of BB, but some aren't happy with those.

I thought Dunn had a decent night?

singled, doubled, robbed of a double on a great play by Lee, and struckout looking on a horible strike 3 call because the ump was trying to get the inning over.

He still doesn't look like the Dunn of April

and yes the spot in the order can hurt you

last year Dunn hit a combined .270 between #4 and 5 and hit just .239 in the 6 spot. Bad protection=overagressive Dunn who swings at bad pitches.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, he did have a decent night. What are you guys talking about? lol

And nice stat. on the lineup positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietAcre
    Sigh. I wish people would get off the "the spot in the lineup dictates how well you hit". I have a very strong feeling that some here are going to the "other" board and echoing what the lemmings are saying there over here. It is not the fault of Miley. Miley's fault is putting Dunn as low as he is when the best hitters need to be at the top of the lineup if for only getting more plate appearances.
    This says it very well. I do think it stems from the other board, but wherever it comes from, there is an Adam Dunn contingent out there who are blindly defensive about anything negative about the guy. It reminds me of the Pete Rose defenders who, for a decade, I tried to pound sense into them but they stuck by the notion that Bart Giamatti was out to get him, blah, blah, blah.

The above states it well. Yes, Miley should hit Dunn higher in the order. He shouldn't have anyone hit in front of Aurilia. But at the end of the day, the player is accountable no matter where they hit.

MLB ERA
    Not if you are wanting him to have a lot of RBI. He's not going to have them when he's going to see so few pitches to hit. I don't understand why that's so difficult to understand. Pitchers fear his power capabilities, and won't pitch to him much without some protection behind him.

Not if you are wanting him to have a lot of RBI.
    I don't know which statement you are answering here but Adam Dunn proved yesterday that you can do well out of the #6 hole even though it is harder to hit in front of Aurilia and as I've said many times, Dunn should be hitting no further down than #3. That is Miley's fault.

MLB ERA
    Agreed then. We blame Miley. Miley doesn't understand that Dunn would be a much better play higher in the order.

Agreed then. We blame Miley. Miley doesn't understand that Dunn would be a much better play higher in the order.
    Ok, and we know he's an idiot for playing Aurilia...how 'bout for moving Lopez to #7 in the order? Continually running Ortiz and Milton out there when there are better options. How much more do you need before you agree that Miley has deserved a firing?

MLB ERA
    As I said before, I think he's overwhelmed. We need someone from outside the organization to take over. O'Brien is the one that really deserves the firing though, for adding Ortiz/Milton to begin with. And despite what O'Brien says, he is responsible for how long those two stay in the rotation.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Ok, and we know he's an idiot for playing Aurilia...how 'bout for moving Lopez to #7 in the order? Continually running Ortiz and Milton out there when there are better options. How much more do you need before you agree that Miley has deserved a firing?
    I still cant understand how this Dave Miley is the same that managed this club last year. Last year everything for the first half of the year he touched seem to turn to gold as the reds got off to the hot start and the injuries finally caught up with them. Now this year he starts off saying how Freel should be the leadoff hitter, to just completely bench him for the first month (even after DJ was shown a ticket to AA and outplaying Aurilia, still found himself on the bench more than most leadoff hitters).

If those were truely Miley's decisions he deserves to be canned for that alone. Batting Dunn and Lopez so low, and playing Aurilia at all are his call since he puts the writing tool to the lineup card everyday are icing on the cake.

And yes I also agree that Dunn should be higher in the lineup but I would bat him cleanup with either Griffey or Casey batting 3rd and Wily Mo batting behind him to break up the lefties.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast