Thread: David Ross drawing interest...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rumor David Ross drawing interest...

From the Marlins. As noted in the other thread. But there is a new pressing issue which makes the Marlins need a catcher even more...

Matt Treanor suffered a lower abdominal strain on Monday night, creating catching need for the Marlins. Treanor is expected to go on the DL on Tuesday, and the team is expected to select the contract of John Baker from Triple-A Albuquerque. Paul Hoover and Baker, for now, are in line to split catching duties. Even before Treanor's injury, the Marlins were eying veteran catching help. Names to watch are David Ross (Reds), Miguel Olivo (Royals) and Yorvit Torrealba (Rockies). Nationals veteran Paul Lo Duca doesn't appear to be in the mix. His throwing arm is an issue.
    I like Olivo and Treanor better than Ross, but Ross could be had cheaper I would bet. Plus we have heard about their interest in Weathers as well, I wonder if a package could get done...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: David Ross drawing interest...

C Trent:

* Also, the Marlins were reportedly already looking at David Ross. Well, Matt Treanor went on the DL. That could speed things up.