Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team angers Dunn again by removing tribute jersey to Graves

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy
    I have to disagree with you guys on this one.

I honestly don't know who the bigger cry baby is, Casey or Dunn...

Why is everyone just soooooooo obsessed with Danny Graves? Can everyone just do their jobs and move on?
    in a way i know what you mean, but it's not just one thing, it's a whole ton of things all added up. The reds didn't hadn't the graves situation well, the coaching and managment aspects were not looked into, and that pisses the players off. They don't like that this whole mess is being blamed on them. One of the reds most popular players was released before a single test was done on him, before managment talked to him, before any other real changes were made, and that looks bad. When the managment and coaching staff has made so many errors thus far this year, the players want to see some accountability. They've made fun of Miley's lineups for months now, and several pitchers have said that they just don't know what's going on (a coaches job is to make sure they don't feel like that).

The other thing is the communication. There appears to be exactally 0 communication on this team. Danny Graves wondered why he wasn't taken out of the closer role before he was cut, a valid question. Miley's response was that he had used him in several non-save situations in the last week. All of those came in the 9th inning. So what, is danny graves supposed to assume that because he comes in in the 9th inning when it's not a save situation that he isn't the closer any more? Is freel supposed to assume he's the starting RF when he plays there two night sin a row? Of course not. There was no communication between Miley and Graves, it was all passive aggressive. That's not how you coach, and if it is how Miley has done things his whole career, i don't know how he has survived so long.

That's a main problem with the chairs and the jersey and the benching. There's no communication. Miley doesn't say, "hey can you guys take the chairs out of here, i want to have a little less goofing off in the clubhouse while were on a loosing streak." The chairs just disappear. Same with the benching in colorado, didn't make any sense, and miley said nothing. Then they get back and the jersey is gone. No word, no nothing. I'd be pissed too at that point.

Everyone has been talking about the good old days of sweet lou while the d-rays have been in town, and you know what all the stories about bases being tossed, and tables being flipped, and all the good times joking around add up too? Pinella was always willing to communicate, to give it strait, and that's how players like it.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Wow. Let's anger Adam Dunn EVEN MORE. I know we shouldnt be giving special treatment to Dunn to a huge degree.... but jeez a jersey?!?! I really think they are trying to place Dunn in a situation where they can feel "justified" in trading him.
    Dunn is a prima-donna. If it weren't for his ability to hit for extra bases and the long ball (in a park that has short dimensions), he'd be an average player. Until he starts hitting well with RISP, he may want to zip it!

I really don't think Aurilia should be playing SS for the Reds, but against inferior teams he becomes an All-Star.

Dunn is a prima-donna. If it weren't for his ability to hit for extra bases and the long ball (in a park that has short dimensions), he'd be an average player. Until he starts hitting well with RISP, he may want to zip it!
    If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

If Pedro Martinez had an ERA over 4.5 and didn't have all those wins he would be an average pitcher.

If Babe Ruth hit 500 les homeruns and walked 1000 less times he would be an average player.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12