Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds are competing for Dominican superstud prospect Inoa

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Reds are competing for Dominican superstud prospect Inoa

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I don't think it was that so much, a factor but not the main reason (system history.) Beane wanted him, Beane did what other GM's wouldn't and made a personal connection to him and the family and that is VERY important to cultures like Inoa's. Money didn't matter as much when they knew they could trust Beane to want the best for Inoa and give him the attention and care he needs to be a star.

Even still, I wonder what Castelinni is thinking on this matter. Perhaps he does have to get an improvement on the pitching coach front.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Trust me, it's not it. I think the Reds also offering a major league deal proves that point. It was reported that he did not want one, he was in a position to have public demands of one. The Reds offering that showed they scouted him, wanted him and thought that they could sweeten the deal. The A's likely talked to him, talked to his family and saw that it wasn't a ploy but that he really didn't want one.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I can see that side as well. I guess it could go either way and it does sound more like the direction you are sharing is the accurate one. But I know I would still be a little worried about how some view my organization if I were him.

The best thing to take out of this, as a Reds fan, is the money that Castellini is willing to fork out. That money could be used in the off season to fill some holes. I am fine with that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123