Thread: Luke Hudson is back tomorrow night!

MLB ERA

Luke Hudson is back tomorrow night!

Prior to tomorrow night’s game, the Reds are expected to reinstate from the 15-day disabled list RHP Luke Hudson. He has been on the DL since 4/2 with inflammation in his right shoulder. He will start against the Devil Rays tomorrow night.

A corresponding roster move will be announced as necessary tomorrow.

The rotation for this weekend’s series with the Orioles now is RHP Aaron Harang on Friday, LHP Brandon Claussen on Saturday and RHP Ramon Ortiz on Sunday.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Maybe if Milton is awful tonight, he'll be the one sent to AAA.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh hell yeah, the game is on TV tomorrow night! I am not going to set my hopes too high because he might need a few games to get back in the groove, but I look forward to just seeing Hudson back on the mound.

Predict the move that will be made. I am thinking The Lizard will go back to AAA.

MLB ERA
    This could be the best move in a while! I hope he pitches like I think he can, because it would be huge. If nothing else, he could get experience for a potential future in our rotation. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him. If he pitches well, we could at least have the foundation to a decent rotation with him and Harang.

I think Elizardo will be the one sent down too, but I wish it could be Milton or Ortiz, lol.

I would like to see the rotation right now as:
    Harang
    Hudson
    Claussen
    Belisle
    Ortiz

I think other than during Ortiz' starts, we would at least be in more of the games this year than what we have been.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So we have Harang, Hudson and Claussen with Claussen on the bottom of that totem pole. And then we have Milton, Wilson and Ortiz (listed from most to least cash). Not to mention guys like Keisler, Hancock, and Belisle. I wonder how badly the FO will mess this up. I am seeing the three "Vets" of the rotation getting knocked around starting quite a bit.

MLB ERA
    Exactly. I actually wasn't even thinking of Keisler, but I'd like to see him with a shot. The rotation tomorrow night should be for at least the time being:
    Harang
    Hudson
    Claussen
    Belisle
    Keisler

I don't know if O'Brien would be gutsy enough to admit his mistakes and take either Milton OR Ortiz out of the rotation though. Heck, he wouldn't even take Wilson out for quite a while when he had thoughts that he might have been INJURED.

wow, this is great news, i'm going to have to watch that game. Keisler obviously looked good last night, but i don't know if you always go with the hot hand in the rotation. Maybe we have to, but i hope last night just gets him more playing time in general, it's ridiculous that he never pitched in the five game losing streak, miley is a moron. How many games did the pen loose and he never played?

I just don't know what to do with Milton, i hope he has a good night tonight, but the guy looks terrible. I know they don't want to do it because they gave him so much money, but maybe he belongs in the pen. When Reitsma was a starter he threw around 91, then they moved him to the pen, he threw 95, his change up became that much more effective, and he dominated. If Milton could be a good reliever right now i'd take it in a second, at least we'd be getting something of value for our 8.5 mil.

I don't know what my rotation of choice would be right now, but i hpe it has harang and hudson at the top and milton out of sight. And i still have hope for Pwilly coming back strong some day.

I guess i'd like to see:
    Harang
    Hudson
    Wilson (healthy)
    Claussen
    Hancock/Belisle/Ortiz/Keisler
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Sadly, this may be just the thing that the Reds FO is hoping gets them off the hook, so to speak. While we see it as an opportunity for a washed-out season to turn into an exciting one where young'ns come into their own, the Reds probably see it as a way to sell tickets to make up for those sorry-ass contracts they created and signed this past off-season. I'm still fully expecting a fire-sale, with the best players being gone because of pending arbitration or the likelihood of said players asking for money that the Reds don't want to pay.