SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: What to do with Bailey?

per C Trent:

Reds manager Dusty Baker said the team would have "serious discussions" on Monday's off day about Homer Bailey's place in the rotation following Sunday’s 9-0 loss to the Red Sox. "There's got to be some discussions," Baker said. "If you're not making pitches and it's your job to do, we've got to figure out what's up and why. They hit him pretty good."

AAA ERA

Re: What to do with Bailey?

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I think the question that should be asked is what to do with Dick Pole and Ted Power. I am interested to see how messed up Thompson may get. Perhaps I can't blame Power too much as Bailey was fine before his callup. I believe that Pole saw something he didn't like in Bailey's debut and tried to make adjustments from that point on. He hasn't been the same pitcher since that day. No wonder he is frustrated.

Dude has lost significant velocity on his fastball and still isn't producing any movement. He still has a tough time with his command as well. I credit all of this to Dick Pole. Look at Cueto. His first couple of starts were amazing. Then he fell off. His command is nowhere near what he had his entire minor league career.

This organization is going to have to start asking the question. What is the common factor in these two young studs? Dick Pole. Leo Mazzone anyone?
    I'm with you Dick Pole has screwed him around to where he doesn't know which way is up.. he took a power pitching young guy and tried to make him into greg maddux.. by not throwing hard and just spotting his pitches.. well that takes years to develop.. you have to let the young guys develop that over time.. not over night.. I think its time for Pecker Rod to be shown the door

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12