Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Game Thread For 6/7--- D-Rays @ Reds(Welcome back Sweet Lou!)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamDunn#44
    Damnit

I was hoping Sanchez would hit a gapper.We'll be hearing about how they are turning it around soon.

Yeah, I can hear Miley now:

"Well, we really hit the ball well with the lineup we had tonight. We are adding Aurilia in tomorrow night, because we think he will complete it, and Dunn will get a rest after I hit him 6th last night. Ramon didn't have it tonight, but it was just an off-night. Randy really did a great job tonight. Just a gutsy performance. He combined with other players' veteran prescences to get us this win. We think we're heading in the right direction after John's talk on Sunday."

Allen: "I told you we cared. My talk has solved it all. I talked to Dave and we really discussed things. We knew that if we talked, Milton and Ortiz would start getting us some wins. Even though Ramon had an off night tonight, he hung in there and we won the game he started in. It must have been because of my chat."

O'Brien: "John made a nice trek to Denver to discuss some various issues relating to the business of baseball with Dave. I think the chat cleared some things up and made Dave realize that he has to focus on the vets. on the club for giving the team a boost. They provide unmatched vet. leadership and know how to play the game. We also think this talk will scare our starters into learning how to pitch, and I'm sure they'll all start winning games. These pitchers are proven winners, having won 15 games a couple of times in the past on teams with offenses that scored a large number of runs. If things don't continue to improve, I will start to consider all options, both internal and external, but, underlined, exlamation point... I don't think that will need to be the case. If I had to venture a guess on making those various roster moves, I'd say: 'negatory'."
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else see Keisler on Reds Wrap? Really digged the kid's attitude. Even if it was the DRays, they do got some players who can hit and with the way the ball was carrying tonight, he gave one hell of a perfomance. If I was wearing a hat, my hat would be off to him.

MLB ERA
    I really like him in general. He deserves at least one chance at starting(for either Ortiz, Milton or in the 5th slot)
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

AAA ERA
    hey mission, i had the game on in the other room but didnt hear what he said...what did he say?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    hey mission, i had the game on in the other room but didnt hear what he said...what did he say?
    Just real unassuming, wasn't trying to play his pitching/hitting up. They asked if he would like to be a starter eventually and he said yeah but he is just happy doing whatever the team needs him to do and whatever role he is in he is going to try to contribute as much as he can.

AAA ERA
    great kid

MLB ERA
    Wow, what a great attitude. I like players that have that type of attitude!

He's starting to become one of my favs. on the team.

BTW, he's about to be the Star of the Game on WLW.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I really like him in general. He deserves at least one chance at starting(for either Ortiz, Milton or in the 5th slot)
    I really think we should try Ortiz in the pen, I think he could be dynamite there if he could really let his stuff fly for one inning versus 6 or 7. I know he doesnt like being a reliever but he really doesnt have reason to support his claim to start anymore. As for Milton... I just dont know what to do there.

But yeah, Keisler deserves his chance. I was actually surprisingly impressed with his stuff.

MLB ERA
    I agree about Ortiz AND Milton. Milton really just needs to be dumped. I'd allow Belisle to stay in the 5th slot for now.

Keisler now in 14 IP has given up 3 ER, 6 H, 4 BB and has 14 K's. Nice ERA, nice WHIP, nice K/IP.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So far Keisler appears to be one of the rebels on the team in terms of team pitching philosophy; he is actually trying to make hitters miss his pitch. I know it's a crazy concept, but hey, you got to do what works.

MLB ERA
    I hope O'Brien hasn't been paying attention to his pitching. He'll get sent down; unless Dan's firing happens before that could be the case.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Anyone else see Keisler on Reds Wrap? Really digged the kid's attitude. Even if it was the DRays, they do got some players who can hit and with the way the ball was carrying tonight, he gave one hell of a perfomance. If I was wearing a hat, my hat would be off to him.
    It must be that LSU education.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    It must be that LSU education.

Junior batting 6th?No way

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910