Thread: Reds Sweep!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Reds Sweep!

Bruce gets MVP all three games. He homered again today. Nice work from Cueto finally, and most importantly we are 1 game behind .500!

Going back on the road aginst two very tough teams. Hopefully this composure goes with them this time. I feel like this lineup is completely changed with Jay Bruce in there. The only game we lost since his callup was when he batted third and Hairston was hitting second.

I think Dusty will stick with what has been working. So lets hope they can continue this stride in Philly. .500 here we come!

Re: Reds Sweep!

Lets just hope we can cool Philly down a bit.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah they have been insane lately. Remember our last time we faced them? Utley destroyed us. We have to be careful.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Philly has a killer lineup, but hey our two studs in Bruce and Dunn aren't half bad either (as today shows.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think our entire lineup has been clicking as a whole lately. We have to give a lot of credit to Hairston as well. He has come up huge lately.

It is awesome to see so much power and talent 1-8 most of the time. I even get giddy with Bako at the plate. It seems like if one hitter gets out, the next one is ready to step it up. Now if we take a walk, we can get excited about that runner moving over and scoring. Dusty has had this team moving on the bases a lot more, and this team has come up big with runners on lately. I just hope we can provethat we can win on the road now too.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Yeah they have been insane lately. Remember our last time we faced them? Utley destroyed us. We have to be careful.
    Don't feel bad, Utley has been destroying everyone.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

loved this series.. Friday nights game was a blast.. only 31st game at GABP with 0 HR's.. nice pitchers duel just like i like, and most importantly ending with a Reds win.. Volquez and Bruce.. what a duo.

Bruce wins game 2 what a way to get your first MLB HR. Jr hits 599.. sad now its likely he hits 600 on the road.

Game 3 was just fantastic.. offense is clicking Cueto looked great for the most part.. and the Sweep is sweet.

upcoming.. the way I see it.. they need to go at leas 4-4.. it will not be easy.. road has been rough.. a 5-3 or 6-2 would be best.. but anything worse than 4-4 is going to hurt

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

If the younger players keep up this energy the veterans will follow, If the reds can play the same way against Philly as they did against Atlanta we wont need to worry!

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

It should be a slugfest for sure. Its a hitters park and we will be seeing two offenses that have been exploding of late. I go with the over tonight.

MLB ERA

Disappointing offensive performance against a not-so-great pitcher.

That Bruce HR Saturday electrified the crowed, and everyone yelled "Bruuuce" well after the game ended. They seem to have more energy at home.

They need to start winning on the road if they want to compete for the rest of the year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.