Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Much ado about nothing

Much ado about nothing
    It turns out Allen's trip to Colorado to see Reds was for show

By Paul Daugherty
    Enquirer staff writer

When you send your top hired gun to Colorado, for the last game of a lost road trip, it's not so he can experience a Rocky Mountain high. John Allen, a decorated Vietnam War veteran, was going out there to collect a Red scalp or two. Someone who had a job Sunday morning would not have one Sunday night.

Yes?

"I don't have a solution," Allen, the Reds chief operating officer (COO) declared. Is that right? If you're not firing somebody, it's just frequent flyer miles. "I'm not coming in here carrying a big stick." Thanks for that, John. Enjoy your center seat on the airplane home.

I'm sorry. But did anyone else think something more would come from the COO's day-trip to Denver than yet another wakeup call? The Reds lead the world in wakeup calls. They're still asleep. This, we were told, was a "message."

Big deal. The Reds send as many messages as wakeup calls. Wake us up when the message arrives that Bengals training camp is here.

"We're not sitting there twiddling our thumbs," said the COO.

COO-coo-ka-choo.
    Click here for the rest

Exactly. This right here (Allen denied this angle. "You can write that all day long, but you're wrong," he said. "The intent was to deliver the message that this isn't acceptable. The baseball people have said it. Here's another voice." And by the way, let me get on TV and in the papers two days before we play 13 home games in the next 17 days.) is the ONLY reason Allen showed up.

now that was a scathing article. It's about time, and i'm glad to see someone in the media putting the spotlight on Allen.

Lindner should fire allen, miley, gullet, and dano.
    hire a good gm, not sure who, and barry larkin as manager.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Nothing's happened yet, but it will.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.