Thread: Mariners interested in Hatteberg

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners Mariners interested in Hatteberg

Per RotoWorld:

The Seattle Times reports that the Mariners are "actively pursuing" Scott Hatteberg.
    He'd be a good fit in Seattle, where Richie Sexson was benched Wednesday for the second straight game so that Miguel Cairo and his .671 career OPS could start at first base. A Hatteberg-Sexson platoon has the potential to be plenty productive.
    Interesting, I wonder if the scouting done by the Mariners a few weeks ago was a bit more general purpose than some thought (IE, with them focused like a laser on Jr.)

I like Hatteberg quite a bit though and I think he deserves to play more than he was able to here, so if he could play in a platoon, on the west coast again, that would be nice to see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Mariners interested in Hatteberg

I also read that he lives in Washington so this would make for a good fit. Sexson has been benched the past few games so they definitely need a first baseman. I say do it M's.

Hatteburg and Grif for Clement, write it up! haha. Good to see that Hatteburg should get a chance to play a good deal again, he deserves it.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I wonder ifthey would think about packaging the two for something. The M's need all they can get. Then again, they need a DH and getting two of them would not work so well. Hatteberg would be redused to the same role he had for the Reds.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The M's can merely wait till Hatteberg clears waivers.

AAA ERA

i just want to see the Reds not have to eat his contract.. i really think that is why Hatteberg was the guy cut and now say Valentin.. because Walt knew there would be a more of a market for Hatteberg..

Rookie
    Rookie ERA

I have never been big on Hatteberg, Though he was a solid player last year, I just dont think he is what the Reds need. I hope he finds a home outside of Cincy

Official Strike 3 Forums NIT Champion 2008