Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Home Win Streak Extended to 9

MLB ERA

Reds Reds Home Win Streak Extended to 9

ESPN - Pirates vs. Reds - Recap - May 28, 2008

In one of the longest HOME winning streaks since the opening of the Great American Ballpark, the Reds have won 9 straight games in "cozy cincy". Cincinnati also pulled to within 3 games of .500, and are starting to prove some (such as myself) right in predicting the Reds as a dark horse to compete in the NL Central. Anyone else think the Reds are beginning to hit a groove with the promotion of Jay Bruce, that could continue and bring them to meaningful and competitive games later in the season?

Re: Reds Home Win Streak Extended to 9

I think it was a good time to bring him up, although it has only been 2 games he has really provided this team with a spark and we can only hope it continues for 9 more. The real test will come when the Pirates leave and Boston comes to town...

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Very true. I think seeing him come up was a nice thing for this team to see, considering they do have 4 VERY skilled young building blocks (5 if you count Homer Bailey). This team will be very very very scary in a few years.

The funny thing is Bailey went from being number 1 on the pitching prospect list to about number 4, without even doing anything. Cueto, Volquez, and now Thompson have all seemed to surpass him. Bailey really needs an attitude adjustment from some of the things he is quoted as saying, and until that happens he is going to be in AAA.

GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

I went to a Louisville Bats game early in the year, and he just seemed to be WAY too big for his britches. He seems to think he's already earned something that he definitely hasn't. He has the stuff, but if he doesn't harness it, he could still end up being a HUGE bust. Cueto, Volquez, Bruce, and Votto are certainly 4 excellent building blocks though.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah something about playing at home and the addition of Bruce has sparked an incredible new feeling in Cincy. I hope they can take this momentum on the road. This lineup just looks much more healthy with Bruce in it.

MLB ERA

Must be good to see. A young team like this has to be extremely exciting to watch?

Most definitely. High strike out pitchers, home run hitters, and some defensive play makers. Every fans dream haha.

GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

I can tell ya, every fan loves it. It may mean some growing pains, but as I've seen with David Wright, Jose Reyes, and John Maine (and to a lesser extent Oliver Perez), youthful talent is much more exciting than a group of veterans making their last hurrah. Congrats to the Reds and their fans, you're going to be a fun and competitive team for a long while.

AAA ERA

yeah the offense has come to life to join what was already a good pitching staff.. as long as they can avoid the losing streaks.. this team can get back in it.

home cooking is good.. but they are going to have to learn to win on the road to even stand a chance

Lets just stay away from Dodger Stadium, or the west coast in general.

GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

It certainly didn't look healthy tonight against Dumatrait. He didn't bring out the Sir Albert act tonight.

Meanwhile, Jocketty's old team won again tonight, thanks to the suddenly top-shelf Kyle Lohse.

Just give our new GM a little time.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You can thank the long extended game for Harang's poor performance tonight. I even put him on my bench in my fantasy team because I figured he wouldn't be the Harang we know him to be. Hopefully he can get back on it his next time around.

MLB ERA

Except Harang pitched poorly against the Padres and throughout May in general. So that excuse doesn't fly. It was simple poor performance from the Krivsky-built team.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Harang's performance tonight had nothing to do with Krivsky at all. Not only did Krivsky not obtain Harang himself, he also had nothing to do with the organization being too slow to make a decision on Fogg where he could have pitched tonight. And on top of that; he didn't have anything to do with the mismanagement of the 18 inning game that sent Harang out there in the first place.

I don't get how Krivsky is to blame here. I don't want to get into a spill about who is a better GM either. But that lacked sense to me. Krivsky didn't need to be mentioned there at all.

At the same time, I am being real patient with Jocketty as I trust he can get things going as you do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast