Thread: Belisle demoted; Mercker back up

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Roster Belisle demoted; Mercker back up

I just heard it on 1530 Homer. Lance was discussing it. So who goes in Belisle's spot?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Belisle demoted; Mercker back up

Per RotoWorld:
    Reds reinstated LHP Kent Mercker from the 15-day disabled list.
    Mercker has been on the disabled list since May 6 with pain in his lower back. Before that, he had a 3.86 ERA and 6/7 K/BB ratio in 11 2/3 innings of relief for the Reds.

Reds optioned RHP Matt Belisle to Triple-A Louisville.
    Belisle, who went 1-for-4 with a 7.28 ERA as a starter for the Reds, will work out of the bullpen in Louisville. Josh Fogg will take Belisle's spot in the rotation, but doesn't figure to be of much use in fantasy leagues. The Reds continue to wait for Homer Bailey to string together a few quality starts at Triple-A.
    I agree with this, Fogg seems like the likely bet. I can't see Homer being called up after his recent struggles.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Do you guys think Fogg is a better option than Belisle? I think he is. Lookslike we are going back to our original 5.

MLB ERA

No, I don't think Fogg is a better option than Belisle. Less upside and an even worse performance so far this year. Even if he pitches a good game Saturday, I still want him out of the rotation ASAP.

I have a strong feeling this move is temporary.

It's really too bad Krivsky couldn't build a better rotation than he did though. If only he could have added the Wellemeyer's, Pineiro's and Looper's. Sigh. The pitching staff still has multiple tweaks needed thanks to Krivsky being unable to use Jocketty's "peaks and valleys" pitcher selection system.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I have a strong feeling this move is temporary.
    So do I. I wish they would just move Belisle to the bullpen. Who do you think will be called up in Fogg's spot?

MLB ERA

If this was the plan why not go ahead and run Fogg out there tonight and push Harang and Volquez an extra day?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That is an excellent point. Sometimes I just don't get it. I guess this was one of those moves that was decided last minute and they must not have wanted to chance Fogg not being ready to start. I just wish they would have planned it better. Excellent point man.

AAA ERA

well obviously moving back Harang would have been a good idea since he looked pretty bad last night.. although I am happy that they didn't do that since my tickets are for tonight and I want to see Volquez pitch

anyway.. no Fogg is not a better option than Belisle.. i just think at this point it has to be a temp thing until they decide on what guy to bring up from AAA.. i would like to see Thompson, but he still needs more AAA starts.. Bailey is never going to get his head out of his ass.. i almost want to see the Reds trade him.. almost