Thread: Danny Boy signs with the Mets....

Danny Boy signs with the Mets....

per of espn.

Is he on crack? I can't wait to see Dannys emotions when Mets fans boo him.

AAA ERA
    yea i saw that just now on espn baseball tonite...all i gotta say is good luck

MLB ERA
    wow out of the pan and into the fire. He will be begging to get Reds reaction once NY media rips into him after his first bad appearance.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Graves released by Reds after poor outing, gestureESPN.com news services

The New York Mets have signed free-agent reliever Danny Graves, who was released by the Cincinnati Reds on Thursday after clearing waivers, ESPN's Peter Gammons reported Tuesday.

Danny Graves
    Relief Pitcher
    Cincinnati Reds

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
    GM W L Sv K ERA
    20 1 1 10 8 7.36

Graves, once one of the Reds' most popular players, was jeered after yet another poor performance on May 22 and responded with an obscene hand gesture.

General manager Dan O'Brien found limited interest in a trade for the 31-year-old right-hander, due in part to a contract that guarantees Graves $6.25 million in the final season of his three-year, $17.25 million deal. The contract includes escalators that would increase the salary if he were traded.

Graves had struggled since joining the team's starting rotation two years ago. His fastball has slowed substantially and his control has eluded him. Back in the bullpen, he was 1-1 with 10 saves and a 7.76 ERA as the Reds closer this season.

Graves angered fans by criticizing them for booing after the bullpen blew a six-run lead in the ninth inning on May 2, helping St. Louis rally for a 10-9 win. Graves was booed loudly at Great American Ballpark every time he came in to pitch after that.

On May 22, he gave up five ninth-inning runs in a 9-2 loss to Cleveland and heard catcalls as he left the field. He was in the dugout several minutes later when a fan in seats nearby taunted him. Graves yelled back and made an obscene gesture.

The Reds designated him for assignment the next day, saying the move had more to do with his pitching than his hand gesture.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    I would like to wish Graves all of the best, except for when he faces the Reds

MLB ERA
    We won't be facing him this year at all.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

What's interesting here is that apparently the Mets found nothing wrong with him physically either. This throws out all the whiners who said the Reds should have put him on the DL. He must have passed the Mets' physical.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    We won't be facing him this year at all.
    Its a shame too. I would really like to see what the Reds bats do against Reds pitching.

MLB ERA
    It'd probably make Casey and some of the other Graves supporters realize just how stubborn they've been when it comes to wanting Graves to stay around and then getting mad when he got dumped.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.