Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce called up!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds Jay Bruce called up!

So I was wrong not 1 hour ago. This surprises me that the move was made so late in the afternoon. I just figured they would market it as best as possible. Go get your tickets fellas, this should be fun to see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jay Bruce called up!

All I can say is that its a bout damn time!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

John Fay-

Jay Bruce will be promoted to the Reds tomorrow. The corresponding roster move will be announced then. That's all I've got for now. I've got calls out to Bruce and Walt Jocketty. My guess is move will involve Corey Patterson.
    Here's the release from the Reds:
    Tomorrow the Reds are expected to promote from Class AAA Louisville top prospect OF Jay Bruce.

A corresponding roster move will be announced prior to tomorrow’s 7:10 p.m. game against the Pirates.

Bruce and Reds President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty will be available to the media tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. in the Reds’ dugout at Great American Ball Park.

Bruce will wear uniform number 32 and when he plays will be making his Major League debut.

Bruce, 21, has been rated the best prospect in the minor leagues. He has spent the season at Louisville, where in 49 games he hit .364 with 9 doubles, 5 triples, 10 HR, 37 RBI and 8 stolen bases. He leads the International League in hitting and hits (67) and ranks among the IL leaders in slugging percentage (.630, 3rd), runs scored (34, 4th), extra-base hits (24, T4th) and RBI (T5th).

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah, this took far too long for sure. I hate to be pessimistic, but what would you guys do if Patterson started over him tomorrow?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

So someone is going to have to go down to make room for him, right? Please be Patterson. Please!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Fantastic news, I'll have more to comment on later.

Maybe Patterson might be traded to a struggling team looking for a youngish CF with plus speed and defense? (In exchange for some sweaty gym socks.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I know you know this already, but Patterson is far too expensive to be traded. Perhaps some of the money we get from Korea in the Lehr deal can help us DFA him

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I know you know this already, but Patterson is far too expensive to be traded. Perhaps some of the money we get from Korea in the Lehr deal can help us DFA him
    Far too expensive is strong. I am well aware of his contract, but perhaps instead of DFA, that cash plus some other cash would be used to unload him. We unloaded guys like LaRue and others, teams are willing to take that risk if they don't have to give up any talent.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I guess I just wonder if Castellini is tired of eating all these contracts coupled with Dusty's love for Patterson makes it that much harder to fathom his departure.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree on that, especially the last part. Patterson is useful, he just isn't useful as a starting player especially when used as the leadoff man, that's why I can't see them eating his contract because there is use for Patterson (hint hint Dusty: Griffey's late-inning defensive replacement.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That would be perfect. Late inning defensive replacement for sure. Yet, he is very expensive for a defensive replacement. Then again, Freel is expensive himself. Our bench has got to be the richest in baseball.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm sure New York has you beat
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah true, how about the richest bench in cheap baseball history?

What great news, now the question is where will he hit. That is, if Dusty works up the nerve to take Patterson out of the lineup.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Depends which NY you're talking about. The Mets have Ramon Castro, Marlon Anderson, Damion Easley, Raul Casanova, Endy Chavez, and when healthy Angel Pagan. Not exactly the Hiltons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast