Thread: Adam Dunn

AAA ERA

Reds Adam Dunn

i don't know if anyone has noticed.. but Adam Dunn is actually putting together a career year.. sure we know the HR's.. 13.. and we know the BB's among the league leaders with 39... the BA. of .252 isn't anything to write home about.. but how about only 42K's.. current league leader and former MVP Ryan Howard leads the league with 75...

sure he is never going to be a Gold Glove LF.. and he may never hit .300.. but has he finally fixed one of his problems.. the K's.. IMO if he finishes the season with a BA around .270.. i think you pay him the money he is due.. i know its a lot.. but how could you trade a guy who plays nearly ever game, hits 40 HR's drives in 100 RBI, BB's 100 times, and is now learning to not strikeout as much.. and could get his Batting Average up he improved it last year..

I know we need to make room for Bruce.. I know Dunn is going to get us the most for our trade.. but after years of calling for his head.. i really don't think I want to see him go.

Alto Queso
    Rookie ERA

Re: Adam Dunn

I don't think he should be moved either and even when he is slumping he does still walk and get on base.
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...Doro9/reds.jpg

"Don't cry, we're grilling JTM with Chris Welsh after the game."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Only a couple more strikeouts than walks... it's encouraging.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033 View Post
    i don't know if anyone has noticed.. but Adam Dunn is actually putting together a career year.. sure we know the HR's.. 13.. and we know the BB's among the league leaders with 39... the BA. of .252 isn't anything to write home about.. but how about only 42K's.. current league leader and former MVP Ryan Howard leads the league with 75...

sure he is never going to be a Gold Glove LF.. and he may never hit .300.. but has he finally fixed one of his problems.. the K's.. IMO if he finishes the season with a BA around .270.. i think you pay him the money he is due.. i know its a lot.. but how could you trade a guy who plays nearly ever game, hits 40 HR's drives in 100 RBI, BB's 100 times, and is now learning to not strikeout as much.. and could get his Batting Average up he improved it last year..

I know we need to make room for Bruce.. I know Dunn is going to get us the most for our trade.. but after years of calling for his head.. i really don't think I want to see him go.
    I am glad to see people starting to come around. I am actually considering writing up a piece on Dunn, his importance to the offense in essence. You're right, Dunn will never be Albert Pujols, I think many look at the Cardinals and long for a player like that but he is simply not that. He is however a player who produces. He isn't Pete Rose, wearing his heart on his sleeve but he is a player who cares about how he is playing a lot more than some will give him credit for. His defense has improved over the last two seasons and it's clear that he has worked on it and has cared about it.

Dunn is a player who very well could have been a flash in the pan after being broken and repaired, mechanics-wise, about a 1000 times over. Coach after coach, hitting and other, have wanted to change him and while that hasn't always been a good thing, Dunn bounces back each time. He slumped early this season, struggled to make contact for power or otherwise, but as it has been mentioned, Dunn has drastically cut down on his strikeouts while maintaining his OBP prowess, he has become more selective at the plate and I think in part that is due to what Dusty Baker desired from him this spring.

He is 28, he has just hit his prime and the Reds would just be downright stupid to let him go. Dunn and Bruce, that is a 1-2 punch in the lineup that we could not match with any other group of players we have in our system. Everyone here knows that I am one of the biggest Dunn fanboys around, but it really goes beyond that as I just don't see us getting an offer that would ever replace Dunn's value to the team. At the very least, the Reds need to resign him to a deal 3-4 years in length (beyond that I would be hesitant) not only are we better off with Dunn, but with a signed contract his market value shoots up.