Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets just hope

Reds Lets just hope

That the Reds are finally out of their hitting funk.The left coast is calling,if this team can play at least 500 ball on the road trip,then we just may be on to something good.Fingers crossed!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Lets just hope

I am just concerned about this team's recent failure in the left coast. I love the fact that we have been beating tough teams of late, but this is going to be a true test. We are currently 2 games under .500. If we can come back from this trip with a record over .500, we will be in business. That means we have to go 5-2. I'll take 4-3 though as well. I think is doable for sure.

I am so glad we are finally whispering about contending. They are faint whispers, but they at least there is some thought there.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

The good thing is, both SD and LA have struggled with the bats this year and our strong point is our rotation. Man, I can't believe I am noting that we have good SP.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

What does Dusty have to say about the upcoming road trip?

per C Trent

"(History) is on my side," said Baker, who spent eight seasons with the Dodgers. "I don't want to think about how tough it's going to be or how tough it's been out there. We're going to turn the page and start a new book and hopefully everything will turn out OK."

AAA ERA

well the Arroyo that I know returned. as the winning streak ends on the first game of the Roadtrip.. the bats were there early last night.. i really hope this is just a case of two of my least favorite Reds costing us the Game... Arroyo and Weathers.. and not a sign of things to come on this road trip

MLB ERA

Arroyo faced a high-stress inning after a miserable error from Hairston. He probably would have went at least an extra inning and gave up one or two less ER (and a few less hits) if Hairston had made that routine play.

Please start Janish. Despite that late error, he looks so much better at SS than Hairston.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Why do people make excuses for Arroyo? He had one good season. He wasn't that good in Pittsburgh, Boston, or last season and so far this season.

If he gets that stressed that he can't recover from poor defensive help, then he shouldn't be a starter. Aaron Harang wouldn't have let a throwing error by the shortstop get to him.
    rf28

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    Why do people make excuses for Arroyo? He had one good season. He wasn't that good in Pittsburgh, Boston, or last season and so far this season.

If he gets that stressed that he can't recover from poor defensive help, then he shouldn't be a starter. Aaron Harang wouldn't have let a throwing error by the shortstop get to him.
    i don't get the love fest for the man either

MLB ERA

Take a look at his career numbers. Above average. Pretty simple.

Poor defense has hurt the team again tonight. Seems Patterson's the only player immune to a poor stretch.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post

Poor defense has hurt the team again tonight. Seems Patterson's the only player immune to a poor stretch.
    Unfortunately it seems Patterson is also the only guy immune to a hot streak with the bat.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Yeah, he only has one hit tonight and everyone else has three each.

MLB ERA

Patterson's the only guy Ive ever seen that 1 extra base hit for the month can be considered a "hot streak". The guy is worthless with the bat and Dusty gives back much of Patterson's value by continually throwing him out there 5 times a game to get on base once....
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Jocketty obviously hasn't called Dusty on the issue, so I guess he agrees. And we know he doesn't know what he's doing.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I still can't buy Phillips batting 4th. I know tonight is a nice night to mention it and all, but still, the guy is just not a cleanup hitter. I am not trying to insult BP, but I think he would be far better use if placed out of the 4th spot (which just shines a light at times on some of his weak spots as a hitter.)

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post

barely above average.. but people make him out to be more than that.. his career ERA is 4.30 the League Average for that same time is 4.64.. so like i Said.. just barely Above Average.. but people support him as if he was legit All Star every year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast