Thread: Good game tonight

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds Good game tonight

Cueto looked great in the early going, holding a no-hitter through five. He then got roughed up a bit by the slumbering bats from the boys up in Cleveland (including Hafner and Peralta.... both fantasy disappointments, the latter for myself.) He threw strikes and showed that dominance, that confidence, at least somewhat, that we saw from him to start the season so let's hope that continues. Phillips had a two-run blast to kick things off early. Mr. Dunn blasted his 8th of the year to tie Phillips for the team lead and then drew a bases loaded walk, the winning run, to take the team lead in RBI's. Freel continues to hit well from leadoff, taking home two of the Reds' 8 hits (batting .315 on the season.) And Cordero came back strong with a clean 1-2-3 inning of pure strikeouts to give the Reds their fourth straight win.

This game was obviously big to win. We have two very tough opponents on the mound in the next two games (luckily we also have our two strongest facing them) so to win this one should put the team in a better mindset entering tomorrow's 4:00 PM game.

Tickets are still available for Sunday's matchup of Volquez and Lee... which should be a fantastic game. It's a shame that me and my native Cleveland fan friend aren't GM's of our respective teams, we talked plenty of deal ideas for the Reds to acquire Lee while in our marketing strategy class.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Good game tonight

4 in a row! Are we back in business? Volquez vs. Lee should be the greatest matchup we have seen in a very long time. I would go if I could for sure.

I just wish Keppinger wasn't out because this team could struggle to score runs if they are not hitting bombs as they did last night. But there is still plenty to be excited about. Arroyo and Cueto looked good these past few games and we know what to expect from Volquez and Harang. Let's see how this turns out.

AAA ERA

4 in a row.. thats fantastic.. as long as they don't drop 4 in a row.. as long as the winning streaks are longer than the losing streaks.. this team can get back .500.. which is the goal.. and hopefully around .500 until Kep gets back..

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Freel sits for Patterson tonight. Fun...

AAA ERA

the team is winning inspite of Dusty and his crappy lineups.. 5 in a row.. very exciting