Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of this!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds I'm sick of this!!!

What does Jay Bruce have to do to get a call-up??? He's tearing the cover off of the ball while we have an outfield that can barely hit above the Mendoza line. Does Bruce need to acquire some compromising photos of Dusty/Walt/BCast like Corey Patterson has? This is completely ridiculous! Bruce is being wasted in AAA when he could be getting his hacks in against MLB pitching. If the only reason he's down in AAA is his K to BB ratio, then get him up here and have him learn on the job. Let's look at these lines:

Jay Bruce - AAA - 35 games, .328 (43/131), 6 HR, 27 RBI, 5 2B, 4 3B, 7 SB (0 CS), .924 OPS, .359 OBP, .565 SLG

Corey Patterson - MLB - 36 games, .236 (26/110), 4 HR, 12 RBI, 8 2B, 1 3B, 6 SB (3 CS), .722 OPS, .286 OBP, .436 SLG

Adam Dunn - MLB - 37 games, .203 (24/118), 6 HR, 19 RBI, 4 2B, 0 3B, 1 SB (0 CS), .739 OPS, .349 OBP, .390 SLG

Ken Griffey, Jr - MLB - 38 games, .250 (35/140), 4 HR, 18 RBI, 6 2B, 0 3B, 0 SB (1 CS), .717 OPS, .338 OBP, .379 SLG

Now, quit telling me about how great Adam Dunn's OPS is, because it blows right now, as does every one of our other starting outfielders.

Tell me again, why is Jay Bruce not on this team? That's what I thought!
    rf28

AAA ERA

Re: I'm sick of this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    What does Jay Bruce have to do to get a call-up??? He's tearing the cover off of the ball while we have an outfield that can barely hit above the Mendoza line. Does Bruce need to acquire some compromising photos of Dusty/Walt/BCast like Corey Patterson has? This is completely ridiculous! Bruce is being wasted in AAA when he could be getting his hacks in against MLB pitching. If the only reason he's down in AAA is his K to BB ratio, then get him up here and have him learn on the job. Let's look at these lines:

Jay Bruce - AAA - 35 games, .328 (43/131), 6 HR, 27 RBI, 5 2B, 4 3B, 7 SB (0 CS), .924 OPS, .359 OBP, .565 SLG

Corey Patterson - MLB - 36 games, .236 (26/110), 4 HR, 12 RBI, 8 2B, 1 3B, 6 SB (3 CS), .722 OPS, .286 OBP, .436 SLG

Adam Dunn - MLB - 37 games, .203 (24/118), 6 HR, 19 RBI, 4 2B, 0 3B, 1 SB (0 CS), .739 OPS, .349 OBP, .390 SLG

Ken Griffey, Jr - MLB - 38 games, .250 (35/140), 4 HR, 18 RBI, 6 2B, 0 3B, 0 SB (1 CS), .717 OPS, .338 OBP, .379 SLG

Now, quit telling me about how great Adam Dunn's OPS is, because it blows right now, as does every one of our other starting outfielders.

he is not on the team because he is not a leadoff hitter.. and that is what Baker wants out of the CF position.. he has pretty much made that obvious since Spring Training.. its too bad Kep went down.. because I know for damn sure i would have had him leading off in order to get Bruce in the Lineup.. now however.. if Bruce is up.. who the hell leads off.. Harriston playing SS?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Why exactly is Bruce not a leadoff man? He got a higher OBP and steal rate than Corey Patterson?
    rf28

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Why exactly is Bruce not a leadoff man? He got a higher OBP and steal rate than Corey Patterson?
    You're comparing Major League numbers to Triple-A numbers. Is that fair?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure Bruce is better than Corey Patterson. Have you seen how bad Patterson is lately?
    rf28

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bruce is 3-3 today with a double, triple and a homerun (plus two walks.) His OPS is over 1.000+

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

To answer the question though, unless Castellini steps in, the reason why is that they are waiting for him to clear Super Two status.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Bruce is 3-3 today with a double, triple and a homerun (plus two walks.) His OPS is over 1.000+
    Imagine that
    rf28

AAA ERA

Bruce is not a leadoff hitter.. I don't care what his OBP is at this point.. trying to get on base in the leadoff position for a rookie at the MLB level can not be deduced by a guys numbers hitting in the middle of the order in AAA... in fact if AAA numbers ment anything Brandon Larson would still be at 3rd base with a couple batting titles at this point.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So you're saying that Jay Bruce can't be a better leadoff hitter right now than Corey Patterson? The only way Patterson can get on base right now is by bunting. In the ideal world, Bruce would hit in the 2 spot, but who else besides Keppenger can hit leadoff on this team? On this point, I respectfully disagree with you. Bruce could probably make an immediate contribution to this team and no one is willing to even entertain the notion of bringing him up.

Thom Brennamen was right the other night, they should start bringing up the young guys and do this the right way!
    rf28

AAA ERA

So you're saying that Jay Bruce can't be a better leadoff hitter right now than Corey Patterson? The only way Patterson can get on base right now is by bunting. In the ideal world, Bruce would hit in the 2 spot, but who else besides Keppenger can hit leadoff on this team? On this point, I respectfully disagree with you. Bruce could probably make an immediate contribution to this team and no one is willing to even entertain the notion of bringing him up.

Thom Brennamen was right the other night, they should start bringing up the young guys and do this the right way!
    ok, so bring up bruce and put added pressure of being a leadoff hitter on him.. sounds like a real great idea.

however I agree.. the team needs to move into the youth direction.. which means Bruce needs to be up.. however i just don't agree with him leading off..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, you shouldn't bat him 7th or 8th either. Dusty's unwilling to move Junior out of the 3 spot. Phillips and Votto are your best power guys right now. Encarnacion should stay at 6. Dunn needs to be at 7 until he figures it out. Catcher needs to hit 8. So that leaves leadoff and 2. It would be easier if Kep wasn't hurt, but that is what it is. Hairston could hit leadoff, but that's iffy too.
    rf28

AAA ERA

Well, you shouldn't bat him 7th or 8th either. Dusty's unwilling to move Junior out of the 3 spot. Phillips and Votto are your best power guys right now. Encarnacion should stay at 6. Dunn needs to be at 7 until he figures it out. Catcher needs to hit 8. So that leaves leadoff and 2. It would be easier if Kep wasn't hurt, but that is what it is. Hairston could hit leadoff, but that's iffy too.
    well thats because i don't think Bruce should be called up while Jr is still on the roster.. if you are going to make a youth movement.. you have to make a move to get younger.. which means sending Jr back to Seattle for whatever you can get.. more than likely very little.. but at this point all he is doing is taking up the 3 hole and keeping Bruce from playing everyday at the MLB level.. I really think bring Bruce up to leadoff is the worst idea possible

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think its more of Dusty's man-love for Patterson thats not allowing Bruce to come up. Bruce is probably better in RF, but he could probably play a decent CF. Ideally, moving Junior would be the deal of the day, but I fear it will take until the deadline before they can do that.
    rf28

AAA ERA

I think its more of Dusty's man-love for Patterson thats not allowing Bruce to come up. Bruce is probably better in RF, but he could probably play a decent CF. Ideally, moving Junior would be the deal of the day, but I fear it will take until the deadline before they can do that.
    oh no doubt I agree 100% that the reason Patterson is leading off and playing CF is Baker.. i have and never will agree with that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast