Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade market about to open up, says Ken Rosenthal

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Trade market about to open up, says Ken Rosenthal

Dunn has no place in Cleveland! The window to trade Dunn was a couple of years ago but the asking price was way too high. Now you guys are talking about trading him for under trade value. Priceless.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Dunn for Sabathia? Would never happen. Never. Dunn and Griffey wooldn't net Sabathia. I am not calling you crazy, but Dunn simply would bring us much of nothing. He is likely a FA next year, so he doesn't have the contactual value. He sucks right now, so he doesn't have market value either.

We'd be lucky to get anything for him right now. Which is beside the point as he can't be moved for a few months anyway.

I think if we looked at teams suitable for Dunn it would have to be an AL team that likes OBP and OPS and could afford him. Oakland may not be able to afford him, but I like the match. Cleveland and Tampa Bay make sense as well.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I know we have been struggling with the bats this season and for those of us who think Dunn and Griffey have hurt the production this season may want to look at what we would look like without them:

Freel CF
    Keppinger SS
    Phillips 2B
    Encarnacion 3B
    Votto LF
    Hatteberg 1B
    Bruce RF
    Bako C
    Pitcher

Could we score runs with this lineup? Does it look better than what we have now? Keep in mind, this isn't mentioning what we would get in dealing Dunn/Griffey either.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Dunn for Sabathia? Would never happen. Never. Dunn and Griffey wooldn't net Sabathia. I am not calling you crazy, but Dunn simply would bring us much of nothing. He is likely a FA next year, so he doesn't have the contactual value. He sucks right now, so he doesn't have market value either.

We'd be lucky to get anything for him right now. Which is beside the point as he can't be moved for a few months anyway.

I think if we looked at teams suitable for Dunn it would have to be an AL team that likes OBP and OPS and could afford him. Oakland may not be able to afford him, but I like the match. Cleveland and Tampa Bay make sense as well.

Well I mentioned Sabathia now because Cleveland might be looking to trade him for a bat. Sabathia isn't doing so well this year either, and he has a big price tag like Dunn does.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dunn can't play left and the Indians already have Hafner. Again, Dunn has no place in Cleveland.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

CrazyEights may be reefering to Hafner's horrible start as well though. But why would they want Dunn's contract if they are unloading Sabathia's?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Indians actually have a shot to win the Central so why would they trade Sabathia in the first place? They have Hafner locked up so why trade for Dunn? None of this makes a lick of sense.

AAA ERA

lol at options on Dunn.. its funny i just saw a Hal McCoy article(i think it was) where it was asked about players having options.. once they have been in the majors long enough they can decline being sent down.. Ken Griffey Jr still has all 3 options.. but he would certainly decline assignment

anyway.. the Reds couldn't possible get what the fans think Dunn is worth from anyone.. so no matter what expect to be disspointed with what we get in return for Dunn if he is delt..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12