Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three In A Row!

Re: Three In A Row!

If your going to bat Patterson 7th I would put Bruce out there instead. In my mind, the only justifiable reason he isn't up here is lead off is the only place to put him. Or maybe they don't believe in him being able to play at least a decent CF.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Patterson should be moved to the 7th spot in the order, but I have no problem with him in the lineup. Still has a .500 SLG percentage and his defense will continue to be good. Although Hairston seems to be swinging a hot bat right now, his career numbers make me very nervous. Corey's better offensively and defintely defensively.

Dunn seems to be heating up, so I'm not too worried about his bad luck due to Phillips' poor decision-making.

Maybe the Edwin haters will finally shut up? Not likely, however, I'm guessing.

And Bronson might have started to turn his ship in the other direction tonight.
    I want to see Bronson string together starts where he continues to improve before I say he's out of the woods. If its swimming keeping him healthier and strong then send the grounds crew to his house and tell em start digging! (A post game interview he credited swimming for the increase in the MPH). His change and breaking ball seemed off still just a bit.

Another 0 for from Everyone's favorite ex cubbie. When will Dusty get that Patterson still sucks? My bet is at least the all star break, barring Walt stepping in and doing what we should already consider... release Patterson's ass so Baker has no choice. Patterson wont keep that slugging that high for too much longer. Honestly Id rather have a Freel that seems to remember what hitting (closer to 06 form than 07) is out there if Dusty is going to continue to bat the CF high in the order. Even if Freel keeps his obp at .330 he'll be the more stable player with the bat than Patterson could ever dream of being (that is until Bruce is ready).

Na the Edwin haters will just wait for another excuse to scream bloody murder when Edwin boots one. The plays he made tonight wont change anything with them.

In Phillips' defense, that ball was absolutely smoked even someone with 20/10 vision wouldnt have been able to see that ball coming.

I hope if Bruce is anywhere remotely in the near future plans try and trade Hairston for whatever you can get and call bruce up. Freel goes back to being the everywhere man and Patterson finds a nice warm spot on the bench right next to the only guy in baseball willing to let him hit high in the order... Dusty Baker.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

If Bruce is ready, call him up, but I'm not ENTIRELY convinced since I haven't personally scouted him and because I see his OBP barely above his batting average, which I expect would take some hit in the majors.

The question is: would his current MLB offensive production outweigh Patterson's defensive production and SLG?

As for Phillips, he could have done a better job of running the bases there.

Not too worried with velocity as far as Bronson. Just a continued to refining of the command in regard to that breaking ball.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA

picking it up with Arroyo on the mound is amazing.. the truth is.. this is a game we would have lost just 2 weeks ago.. 4 runs may not sound like much.. but its better then what they were doing..

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    The question is: would his current MLB offensive production outweigh Patterson's defensive production and SLG?

As for Phillips, he could have done a better job of running the bases there.
    I think he would. Freel might not run down quite as many balls out in CF but he would get to almost as many as Patterson and Bud Selig forbid someone actually getting on base in front of Kepp and the middle of the lineup. Patterson's current BA and OBP are well below that of his career numbers. If he doesnt pick those up soon his slug is unsustainable cause he will not be able to hit enough HRs to keep his slug at .475.

2005 Patterson hit .215 for the cubs his slug that year .348 (obp .254) so he's drawing an extra walk or 2 he didnt in 05. But he cannot continue to go 0 for and hit this low and sustain slugging unless they start playing little league fields.

Phillips I was just saying Im sure with how hard it was hit theres more than one guy that would have gotten beaned.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12