Thread: Thats Two

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Thats Two

2 in a row! The offense came out pounding two games in a row as well.

Question; is it a coincidence that the Reds hit so well without Junior and Dunn? 10 runs were scored without them in the lineup. BP baffles me a bit as well. Dude pops up nearly every AB (2 HRs today, but still...). I know it is tough to complain about the offense after these two big scoring games, but our "big bats" just aren't getting it done.

This makes me feel a bit more comfortable with trading Dunn and/or Griffey. I know it is one game, but we have at least one solid replacement in Bruce in which I think would help us more than either of them two right now.

Man, it sure would be nice to trade Griffey to Seattle for some bullpen help and Dunn to wherever for a RH LF.

Also, Volquez is amazing right now. But he has to work on his control out of the stretch. His release point is far different than it is from the wind-up.

Overall though, please let this be the beginning of our run to 10 in a row!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Thats Two

Thank Barry Zito for blowing **** and Correia getting hurt.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

True that is a definite reason to the madness the last few games as well.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Every team has there ups and downs, the Brewers are kinda going through one right now themselves. It is way too early to count out any team in baseball. Remember the Brewers had a 10 game lead on the second place team at one point last year, and lost it. Your Reds always seem to hang around.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I had a long post typed up, but I lost it due to having to re-authenticate my session on campus.

Even though this lacks the original intent of my message and my statistics and numbers to support, I just hope Jay Bruce knows how to avoid pitchforks and flaming torches. So fast do players from saviors to the root of all evils in Cincinnati, but I am sure Homer Bailey has already shared a few stories with him and AD and KGJ can as well too (if they aren't put up in the stocks for his callup.)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You think the callup may be coming soon?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I do, within three weeks. But then again, I could see the Reds waiting to delay his arbitration status that would come with an earlier callup. Just given Jocketty's nature and view on prospects, I see it as sooner than later.

But I would like to see it come with Dunn on the leftside and Griffey on the rightside. Once those bats got going and Bruce got some seasoning in the MLB, come August or so.... that lineup could be downright scary when they are going right and in the hot months of the summer.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

"when they are going right"

You mean, when they are going against righties. I just wish Dunn and Griffey would heat up. Griffey has been okay I guess, but Dunn has helped this offense look miserable and we greatly depend on him.

I hope Bruce comes up as well. I think that now we are two weeks into the season, Bruce's arbitration clock has already come to the point where we would control him for another year before he were eligible. But if he were to stay down in Louisville until mid-season, then he would have another year until he is free agent available. That is how I understand it at least. I could be wrong though.

I want Bruce called up as well, because he could only help this offense, but what happens with Patterson, Hopper, Hairston, Freel when he does get the call? Perhaps one of them or Griffey have to be traded before he gets the call? Dunn can't be dealt until June.

With Hairston hitting so well, I think there may still be a delay on his callup.

AAA ERA

and like Lou Brown says "... if we win one today.. that is a Winning streak.. it has happend before"