5 33.33%
  • No

10 66.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the year Griffey gets dealt

AAA ERA

Re: Is this the year Griffey gets dealt

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    reef is right here guys, maybe a few Mariner fans would do it. But not the fan that counts (Bavasi; the GM). You simply don't trade old production for young production. We wouls have to seriously add stuff to that deal.
    i never said anything about what Seattle would give up.. at this point as Reds fans we really can't be picky on giving up anything.. my only stand point is that i don't think there is a M's fan who wouldn't want to have Jr back in Seattle

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You were talking about Clement so yes you were talking about what the M's would give up. That's the whole debate here!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    You were talking about Clement so yes you were talking about what the M's would give up. That's the whole debate here!
    no i wasn't, i never said anything about him, i never even said he would start over him.. i was merely pointing out that M fans would want to have Junior back.. I love people who argue with stuff i didn't say

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the Reds would consider going to Junior and renegotiate his contract, preferrably for significantly less than what he is making now. I mean, the Reds will still owe him his deferred money, but his "up front" salary could be less, say around $7 to 8 million per year.
    rf28

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Redsfan28-
    Hmm, would you rather have Clement, who's still an unknown, or a first-ballot HOFer who put the franchise on the map.
    Love_that_reefer-
    Clement and I wouldn't think twice about it. Clement has upside, Griffey doesn't.
    NFLman2033-
    yeah, but you are not a mariner fan.. lets ask that question to some mariner fans.. and i mean the ones who have been fans for a while.. Jr is and will always be loved in Seattle
    Please try and tell me you weren't talking about Clement when everyone was. Please.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

redsfan28-
    Hmm, would you rather have Clement, who's still an unknown, or a first-ballot HOFer who put the franchise on the map.
    love_that_reefer-
    Clement and I wouldn't think twice about it. Clement has upside, Griffey doesn't.
    NFLfan2033-
    yeah, but you are not a mariner fan.. lets ask that question to some mariner fans.. and i mean the ones who have been fans for a while.. Jr is and will always be loved in Seattle
    Please try and tell me you weren't talking about Clement since everyone else was. Please try. Page two pretty much sums it up and you even quoted me. I love when people deny things they did.

I think about every team would love to have Clement, more affordable options are out there though.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Every team and more importantly the M's.

Exactly hah. We would have to put up a massive package, Griffey or not. I don't really think its worth it.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its not worth it for the M's. They have a nice young RFer in Balentien and Clement is the future DH/C.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I would trade Griffey and pay his entire salary for Clement. I wish baseball did business this way sometimes. Yet I still doubt the M's would do this.

AAA ERA

Redsfan28-

Love_that_reefer-

NFLman2033-

Please try and tell me you weren't talking about Clement when everyone was. Please.
    how about the fact that I have no clue who the hell he is. all i know is that M fans love Junior and would take him back in any compacity.. so how could i possibly be talking about some guy I don't know as you say i was

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its not possible so why did you try? Clement for Griffey was what you responded to.

AAA ERA

Its not possible so why did you try? Clement for Griffey was what you responded to.
    i wasn't responding to that trade, did you see a quote in my thread.. i was responding to the idea of trading Griffey to Seattle because Seattle would want him back and he would want to go.. in fact i even said i didn't think we would get much for him.. at no time did i mention the guys name, nor did i make a reply to a post with the guys name in it until you called me out for saying something I did not say.

the only thing I said in my post that you could refer to a swap is I said he would play at DH.. I said that because he is in the AL, i at that time did not know who their DH was.. so as I said.. How the **** could i talk about trading Junior for a guy I never even heard of, i have not edited any of my posts.. at no time have i said that..

my response to you was to ask a mariner fan if they wanted Junior back, you ASSUMED that I ment would they make that trade.. but like I said in my intial post i said the reds would have to take LOSS in order to send him back to seattle.... so how in the **** would i say that taking a young guy with upside would be a worthy trade..

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You know what, who cares anymore. It is just a common misunderstanding of communication. Reef, you may read it one way and NFL's intentions may have been another. Seriously though guys, who cares?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast