Thread: Dusty Baker

AAA ERA

Dusty Baker

I am really getting sick of this.. I mean i don't know whats worse.. the old Bob Boone lets put a different lineup out there every day.. or Dusty Baker lets keep the exact same lineup every day

Votto not in the lineup today, i guess getting a day off.. but Patterson back at leadoff.. EdE who is hot right now still hitting down in the order.. this is just sick please for the love of god can't we get a manager who can put together the best possible lineup game in game out

MLB ERA

Re: Dusty Baker

You can't have it both ways. Either way looks annoying when your team isn't winning.

If Baker attempts to "put together the best possible lineup game in and game out", well now he's "another Bob Boone, putting a different lineup out there every day."

That being said, I still don't understand Dusty's infatuation with Cory Patterson.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Try having Bruce Bochy who continued to bat a guy leadoff who was batting .230 and a OBP under .300 for most of the year with a guy hitting the exact same in the two hole. Then sitting guys who were on a roll for guys who couldn't hit their weight.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If a team isn't hitting, the only recourse (other than trades/promotions/demotions) is switching batting orders. That's baseball.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Patterson equals the guys you explaine reefer. Only he has had a sub .300 OBP for his career.

I decided not to care about lineup construction this year. I just flat out don't understand why this team is not hitting at all. Every game the opposing pitcher gets at least 14 outs in a row.

Too bad Cueto didn't have his best stuff today either. I hope to see us come back in this one as we are down to our final two innings. This team has hit HRs late in the game when it didn't matter, so hopefully they can do it when it does matter here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Jocketty = 0-2. Is his job on the line now too? Yet another horrible offensive performance. I am amazed at how bad this team stinks. WOW!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Jocketty = 0-2. Is his job on the line now too? Yet another horrible offensive performance. I am amazed at how bad this team stinks. WOW!
    This isn't Jocketty's team. This is Krivsky's team. Krivsky may have been able to judge young talent, but he had no clue concerning vets. The fact that this team has a bunch of overpriced vets, 2 left handed first basemen, 3 catchers, and a bunch of gas cans in the bully.

I think we can agree that, even though he had 2 hits today, the Patterson experiment should be ended. He MIGHT be a decent bench guy, but Bruce needs to be up here getting his hacks in.
    rf28

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If Dunn ever starts hitting, Jocketty will send his ass packing for some prospects or MLB ready guys. Same with Hatteberg. Patterson did well today

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Jocketty = 0-2. Is his job on the line now too?
    Please set my mind at ease and confirm that this is a rhetorical question and not a serious one.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

You gotta switch lineups when the one in place fails so miserably so many times. It doesn't really matter what the lineup is right now, way too many players are simply not hitting. Although I would like Phillips moved down to the 7th or 8th spot for now, considering he's been our cleanup hitter most of the year and has a wretched OBP and SIX RBI's in 23 games (that would be about 40 or 45 for the year from the middle of the order!).

By the way, as much as Patterson's OBP has reaked (as usual), he does have a .818 OPS on the sesaon because his .530 SLG. And we all know about his defense.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.