Thread: 10 game recap (2-8)-(8-12)

10 game recap (2-8)-(8-12)

UGLY!
    I think that is the easiest and most self explanatory way to describe the way the reds have played as late. Pitching continues to be solid from what is now are top 3 (Harang, Cueto, Volquez) I can only hope that Belisle and Arroyo can pick up the rest. The offense should come around, the numbers just say so. Dunn, Griffey, Phillips, they all should be picking things up shortly much like Ede.

OFFENSIVE MVP: JOEY VOTTO
    Domo arigato, Mr. Votto. He has been about the only consistent offensive player the past 10 games aside from Kepp and more recently Edwin.

PITCHING MVP: EDINSON VOLQUEZ
    He has been flat out outstanding, and all we could have hoped for so far. One kink in his armor is his high pitch count. If he can effectively start working his pitch count into the 7th inning he would be unstoppable.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: JOEY VOTTO
    Again, went from struggling for playing time with Hatte to being the most productive hitter in the lineup. Effectively placed Hatte on the bench behind him.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: JOSH FOGG
    He has been awful. Two terrible starts and one "ok" outing. Looks to be heading out the door with Belisle coming in. Although Belisle didn't fair much better in his first start back.

thoughts?

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Re: 10 game recap (2-8)-(8-12)

OFFENSIVE MVP: JOEY VOTTO
    Starting to show why he's known for his hitting. Defense has been a pleasant surprise thus far.

PITCHING MVP: EDINSON VOLQUEZ
    Definitely an on-again, off-again control issue, but I imagine he'll get that fixed with experience. The rest of his numbers: simply stellar. Good hit rate, strikeout rate and HR rate.

BIGGEST SURPRISE: PAUL BAKO
    He continues to hit and surprise. I hope he continues to stay above his career numbers. If not, hopefully Phillips, Griffey and Dunn can start hitting consistently, along with whoever's leading off.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: ADAM DUNN
    He might have began getting it together tonight, but he's far below his career numbers SLG wise. I think he'll get into gear very soon if he hasn't already.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Re: 10 game recap (2-8)-(8-12)

Ah, I forgot about Bako. He has been playing pretty well, looks like an idiot against lefties though.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.