Thread: Belisle to start Monday

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Belisle to start Monday

John Fay-

Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said Matt Belisle will be pitching in place of Josh Fogg on Monday. No formal announcement has been made.
    Good to see this happen. Matt Belisle will be yet another pitcher frustrated by this abysmal offense and seemingly back to less than stellar bullpen.

I wonder where Fog will be going now.

Re: Belisle to start Monday

The retirement community with David Weathers according the the reports I have seen.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You think he is done? I know it was an elbow thing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

rotoworld:

David Weathers left Saturday's game in the 10th inning with an apparent elbow injury.
    It didn't look good. Weathers clearly felt something in his elbow go while delivering a pitch that ended up well wide of home plate, and he signaled for the trainer immediately. Expect him to spend some time on the DL. Jared Burton will take over as the primary setup man, and Bill Bray could be recalled to help out.

Na, I doubt he is done. Just the way he is pitching this year he should consider it.

GET NOTICED.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really like Matt Belisle getting his chance without us having to suffer through another bombing session(s) courtesy of the opposing bats facing off against Josh Fogg. Belisle has supposedly looked pretty sharp down in AAA and I still think he has the stuff to be a pretty good pitcher for us, let's hope with the addition of him that we can have a stable pitcher to go in the rotation as the uncertainties posed by an Arroyo and Fogg start were getting too much to bear.

There is always something it seems. Just when it looks like we have a solid 4, Bronson falls apart. I hope he can get his stuff together soon. My worst fear with the situation is that he already got it together, but everyone else knows what his stuff looks like now.

GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

About time we got Fogg out of there and stuck Belisle in there.

I just hope Valentin's not catching him.

I was at Friday night's game: Bronson simply didn't have command of his breaking ball. On the other hand, despite his recent HR struggles, he hasn't been crushed for the most part. I expect him to start turning it around soon.

Too bad we don't seem up to par so far with the Cards, who appear to have a stellar pitching staff with Looper, Lohse(yup) and the gang. And of course Sir Albert and those unhearlded Cards hitters are getting it done even without Rolen or Edmonds. Appears so far Jocketty built another gem of a team before he skipped town.

I want Patterson playing because his defense and because I still expect some clutch hitting, but he should probably hit seventh or so in the lineup. Or they could consider bringing up Bruce and making Patterson a backup.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

By the way, if he starts pitching well, I won't laugh hysterically out of frustration and annoyance every time I see/hear: "They're together again!!! They're together again!!!! (fake smile/rocking out) They're together again!!!!"
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I hated that commercial the moment I heard it. To me, dude has a horrible singing voice.

But I hope he turns it around as well.

Ya, his music talent died the day I heard him try to cover Tom Petty.

GET NOTICED.

AAA ERA

i'll not voice my opinions on Arroyo his signing or his pitching.. i will just say i think one is better than the other.. its up to you to guess.

anway.. i am glad they made the announcement early in the week, i am however curious that they didn't make a move before.. its like they lucked into the weathers injury.. so they don't have to send anyone down..

how many more starts does Bailey have to have before he is back up and if so who spot does he take if Belisle pitches like he did in AAA?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think Bailey still has to show that he can stay consistant. No doubt, if it were not for Belisle, he would be up right now. But the best thing is that Fogg is no longer in the rotation and he becomes a good piece of trade bait as he comes so cheap (1 mil).

There are so many moves lurking around that will happen soon enough. In the meantime, we have to hope we see more wins right away. If this offense doesn't pick it up, something is going to have to be done about it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hope the Matt Belisle starting experiment is over now!
    rf28