Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit..

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Credit..

I am giving you guys alot of credit. Your team is at best a below average team. A team that won't make the playoffs, but you guys are the most active board in the strike3forums. What I would like to know is why?

Look at the Twins forum. I have been the only one active in the room. Twins are struggling and everyone is gone. I understand it I guess, but it would be nice to get everyone back. You guys are so active. Props to you!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Look the the Yanks forum...RLA, Junc, Hmark...Veovis now...but when we win, woo hoo! Half the world is there!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Every forum is like that if you have a large sample size. Here it is different than the norm to the blame...err...credit () of Mission, Eric the Red, CRF, redsr, etc. who constantly keep the forum updated with discussion topics.

But almost every forum loses/gains chunks of fans based on how well the team is doing.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I know that. But a guy like Steak who is the mod of the Twins fourm not even being there. Last year it was never this bad. We went through a little slump but there had to be 10 us us always active.

Maybe we lost several when the old site closed?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

You did lose a couple when we switched forums. I don't know about Steak honestly. I think he was offended by a thread in the Clubhouse a day or two after the London bombings and maybe that's why he left. I know I'd really like him back.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    you'll have to know a little history about cincinnati to understand why we stay here, why we back our team through the thick and the thin.

cincinnati's always been one of the best baseball city in the nation. opening day is a city holiday, its always during the day, the only city that plays its opening day game at home.

home of mr. red, the big red machine, the wire-to-wire championchip in 1990. Crosley, Riverfront/Cinergy, and now GABP.

Cincinnati is one of the top cities in baseball.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

Steak left? Why? C'mon now Steak, we love ya!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    1) I thought Steak said he was taking a week off or something like that because of the london thread.

and

2) I thought the reason there were so many Reds fans and that it was active was because Mission started it from another Reds board or something...

Well, damn these Reds fans! If all the Yankee fans would be as intelligent and as plentiful as the Reds fans, I'd never leave the Yankee forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild
    you'll have to know a little history about cincinnati to understand why we stay here, why we back our team through the thick and the thin.

cincinnati's always been one of the best baseball city in the nation. opening day is a city holiday, its always during the day, the only city that plays its opening day game at home.

home of mr. red, the big red machine, the wire-to-wire championchip in 1990. Crosley, Riverfront/Cinergy, and now GABP.

Cincinnati is one of the top cities in baseball.
    It really is. Not only are we sorry this year, we happen to be in the midst of a very long dry spell in Cincinnati Reds history. We haven't had a winning season since 1999. This year will mark the 6th consecutive year our Reds have finished below .500. I would venture to say that hasn't happened in the lifetime of any S3F Reds contributor.

The fact we have such passion does speak well for the baseball fans of Cincinnati. This town is a sleeping giant. If we were given a team with the success of say the St Louis Cardinals our attendance and support would be enormous.

MLB ERA
    Actually, this will be the 5th consecutive losing season, since we finished with a record of (85-77) in 2000, right before Jack McKeon was fired.

This will be the Reds' first time with FIVE or more straight losing seasons since 1945-1955, and that was before the leagues were realigned as they are today. So basically it will have been 50 years at the end of this year since the last time we ended another period of FIVE or more losing seasons in a row.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great thoughts here by everyone! Thanks mntwinsfan for your open concern. If I am taking this correctly, you may also be looking for a little help in getting the Twins board more active. Well just stick around and keep posting like you are, we will be getting every forum just as big as this one soon. You guys already have a great core over there and that will help in keeping visitors around for the long haul.

As far as Cincinnati being a great baseball city. I have never even been there in my life, but I hear it at least a million times a year. This city has major respect for their ballclub. It is such a rich history between the fans and the team. I agree that it is incredible to have the Reds board as active as it is. But just imagine if every board were this way. I can't wait for that day! But it is coming soon!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    2) I thought the reason there were so many Reds fans and that it was active was because Mission started it from another Reds board or something...
    Nope. Eric The Red recruited me, CRF and JR's boy (along with a few others who I don't think are no longer around) which was the first time I spent on a vBulletin forum. We recruited and the recruited did the same and so on. This forum is a testament to the determination of all the fans here. It would be nowhere without the work they have helped us with and I sincerly appreaciate all their efforts. It's a great group.

As for the original question... I don't know, I guess we're just diehard fans. Sure our interest and posting levels would naturally be way up if the Reds were cruising to the playoffs but win or lose, it doesn't change your team. We might be cynical and negative as all getout but we still love our team, even if suffer as a result of our loyalty.

MLB ERA
    I guess it would be nice to get the support in other rooms. Mostly my Twins room. I put in alot of effort and no one is there. Just makes no sence for me to continue? Hope you know what i mean Mission. I love my team but when your the only one there it sucks.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Steak left because of some comments that were made directed towards him. Lynch has been gone for awhile. So it leaves me in the room, Diamondgal make a visit every now and then. So it leaves me. I have tried to bring people on hard right now to get people.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast