Thread: Roster Moves Coming, Who's Going?

AAA ERA

Roster Moves Coming, Who's Going?

Ok, Belisle and Ross are coming back.. are they given spots on the 25 man roster.. if so, who are we losing.

most have said Coffey down for Belisle.. but what about Ross.. Bako is not only hitting well... he is probably the best defensive catcher we have and works great with the staff.. if we bring Ross up do we sendy Javey down.. or keep 3 catchers.. if we keep 3 catcher.. who do we lose.. I know I would want to see Castro go.. but if we drop Castro we have no backup SS.. so its almost like he can't go.. so who gets sent down to make room for Ross.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Roster Movies Coming, Who's going

I think Coffey is sent down if he still has any options left (which I don't think he does), Fogg is moved to relief and Belisle is put in the rotation. I have no idea what they will do about Ross. And I think they have to find room for Hairston, he's hitting too much for them to not call him up (and possibly send down Edwin for him.)

AAA ERA

thats moves and not movies by the way.

yeah i think the pitching situation is almost pretty clear.. I think you have to make Bailey pitch more in AAA and get his pitch count down.. we no longer have the pressing need for him to be here now.. and he is always there if Belisle can't cut it.

its the Ross situation.. I mean sure i think it will be EdE.. that way.. Freel gets in the lineup more, and EdE can work on his problems like last year(have to wonder how many times this is going to happen though)

and for Harrison.. unless he can play SS.. i don't see how he can get up here.. and if he can, then i would think you have to cut Castro(i hope they do, but they probably wont'.. mostly wishful thinking on my part)

MLB ERA

DL Valentin foro some rest on that hammy.

For Belisle honestly Id rather see Fogg go.

Harrison for Castro... a wash.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    DL Valentin foro some rest on that hammy.

For Belisle honestly Id rather see Fogg go.

Harrison for Castro... a wash.
    yeah honestly i don't care to see Harriston either.. although he has had more potential to be better.. if he has really found it, it would be more than a wash.. but historically speaking yeah it would be

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Just to be clear, I am no great supporter of Hairston, I just see from the rumblings and his numbers that it will be hard for the Reds to ignore for too long.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Just to be clear, I am no great supporter of Hairston, I just see from the rumblings and his numbers that it will be hard for the Reds to ignore for too long.
    ok, well then send Patterson down.. lol

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Roster Moves Coming, Who's Going?

I think these moves are apparent:

Fogg; out of the rotation (either to AAA or the bullpen)
    Belisle; called up to the rotation
    Coffey; to Louisville
    Castro; to Louisville
    Hairston; takes Castro's spot

If Fogg goes to Louisville, then another pitcher has to be called up. If he goes to the bullpen, he would take Coffey's spot.

I doubt all of this happens though. But these are the moves that seem most important. I think bare minimum Fogg will be moved and Belisle will be replacing him.

I have no idea about what will happen with the Ross situation.

Ross is a tough one, especially with Bako playing so well right now. He did look completely lost against Lilly though. Votto is in in the grove, HAS to play everyday. I'd move Bray into the relief role for Coffey. It is an overload on lefties, but he can get anyone out so I don't think it really matters.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Ross is a tough one, especially with Bako playing so well right now. He did look completely lost against Lilly though. Votto is in in the grove, HAS to play everyday. I'd move Bray into the relief role for Coffey. It is an overload on lefties, but he can get anyone out so I don't think it really matters.
    but if you bring up Bray for Coffey, what do you do with Belisle.. remember you can't just designate Fogg for assignment without him having to clear waviers first

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That is why I would move Fogg to the bullpen for now. Bray would come after we trade Fogg. Fogg could be of value on the trade block because he comes so cheap at 1 mil.

Something is brewing though for sure, I am excited to see what it is.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Patterson is not in the lineup for the second night in a row...

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Fogg in relief ?Good God! Not unless we are down by nine runs or more.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I wouldn't like it either, but it is far better than him starting and it can't be much worse than Coffey. I just don't see them DFA'ing him when he could be traded due to his cheap contract.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Per Fay:

Wayne Krivsky and Dusty Baker met today. You didn't miss any announcement. No moves were made.

Some will be coming shortly, I would guess. Krivsky just returned from Triple-A Louisville. He said catcher David Ross and right-hander Matt Belisle are about ready.

So something's got to give here, right?

"It's a nice problem to have," Krivsky said. "We have good choices."

Josh Fogg is listed as Monday's starter, but it sounds to me like Belisle could be moved into that slot.

"He looked good," Krivsky said. "He pitched seven innings the night I saw. He went over 100 pitches. He threw all his pitches, threw them for strikes, got ahead of the hitters. He had a good outing."

If he comes up, will it be as a starter?

"We're looking at him as a starter," Krivsky said. "We made that commitment last year."

Krivsky didn't sound ready to address the Reds' struggles against left-handers with a roster moves.

"It's too small a sample to me," Krivsky said. "We're a better hitting team than we've showed here in spots. Every team goes through struggles at various points in time. Nothing says you're going to hit .275 against righties and .275 against lefties."

Also from Krivsky:

On David Ross: "He's playing a lot down there. He's healthy and getting his timing. I hope he'll be ready (by April 23)."

On Homer Bailey: "He looked good. Ross caught him in fact. I talked to David the next day. He said Homer has made tremendous improvement. He's locating his pitches better. He's doing well."