Thread: Three straight Days

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Three straight Days

We get the first 2 on and cannot get ONE RUN. We finally have some pitching yet we cannot score any runs against the Pirates. The Reds better do something about not being able to hit left handed pitching or it will be another long year in spite of the improved pitching.

Re: Three straight Days

Absolutely terrible showing this series. We outplayed them the first two games and came out with nothing to show for it. I think there are a few roster changes that need to happen. Votto should be starting everyday at this point over Hatte. He can be a game changing offensive player, something that we really need right now. Secondly Castro has to go. If your going to overload on right handed hitters against lefties, at least make sure they are capable. I think it is time to give Cabrera a shot at the utility role.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I agree with you about Votto and Castro. Also if todays outing does not do it for Coffey then the Reds management are morons. I am sick and tired of him taking a game that is within reach and turning into a laugher for the other team. He may be a great AAA pitcher but he cannot pitch in the Bigs. He needs a change of scenary and we need him gone.
    And don't get me started about Edwin ( I can't hit, field or throw) Encarnacion

I feel terrible for Coffey since he tries so hard and puts so much effort into getting better, but he still gets crushed. As for Edwin I really want to see him succeed like he has shown he can, but he has fallen back into his over thinking and over aggressive self. Makes me wonder how they will handle the return of Gonzalez, which can't come soon enough if he can produce like last year.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

AAA ERA

yeah i am really not happy.. its one thing to alternate Votto and Hatteberg.. which keeps the from getting in a good rythm.. then to only do it against RHP.. that is garbage.. Castro is garbage, that line up yesterday was BS.. Cueto and Volquez are great young pitchers.. but without run suport it doesn't matter

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Makes you wonder what would have been if Craig Wilson passed his physical.

What a surprising turn of events. Or was it? This lineup hasn't produced much at all. It seems as if every player is in an offensive slump and has the excuse of having a slow start. We have been complaining about this since game 1. We had the excuse of facing Webb and Haren at first, but now look at us.

The pitching has been our soul savior so far. And just to throw it out there, if it were not for EdE, we would be 4-9 right now. We are 3 games back and we have plenty of time to make that up. But something has to give. I believe we have many parts to trade in hopes of getting a legitimate right handed bat.

Freel, Hatteberg, Castro, Dunn/Griffey, Belisle, and Fogg can all be moved. Here is how:

Player (replaced by)

Freel (Hopper/Keppinger)
    Hatteberg (Votto)
    Castro (Gonzo/Cabrera/anyone)
    Dunn/Griffey (Bruce)
    Belisle (expendable now)
    Fogg (Bailey)

Surely, some of this cannot happen right away. But we have the potential to move all of these guys at some point before the trade deadline. Fogg and Hatteberg are especially intriguing due to their cost effeciency.

Now, I doubt anyone goes after any of these guys with the exception of Dunn without being a contender. At which point we would be hard-pressed to find a team willing to part with a strong right handed bat. And what position would we be looking at for this bat? Maybe a 3B? Is EdE really done, or could we chalk him up as a slow starter and an excellent finisher?

Either way, Dusty has to be on fire right now and hopefully he can help this team figure out how to score runs. Right now, the only two bats I like in this lineup are Keppinger and Bako. Bako will go back to his mean and then we are left with Keppinger. Maybe Patterson can be added to that short list as well as far as clutch goes.

Things need to change and it may have to start with bringing in a few new faces and sending down or sending out a few others.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Makes you wonder what would have been if Craig Wilson passed his physical.

What a surprising turn of events. Or was it? This lineup hasn't produced much at all. It seems as if every player is in an offensive slump and has the excuse of having a slow start. We have been complaining about this since game 1. We had the excuse of facing Webb and Haren at first, but now look at us.

The pitching has been our soul savior so far. And just to throw it out there, if it were not for EdE, we would be 4-9 right now. We are 3 games back and we have plenty of time to make that up. But something has to give. I believe we have many parts to trade in hopes of getting a legitimate right handed bat.

Freel, Hatteberg, Castro, Dunn/Griffey, Belisle, and Fogg can all be moved. Here is how:

Player (replaced by)

Freel (Hopper/Keppinger)
    Hatteberg (Votto)
    Castro (Gonzo/Cabrera/anyone)
    Dunn/Griffey (Bruce)
    Belisle (expendable now)
    Fogg (Bailey)

Surely, some of this cannot happen right away. But we have the potential to move all of these guys at some point before the trade deadline. Fogg and Hatteberg are especially intriguing due to their cost effeciency.

Now, I doubt anyone goes after any of these guys with the exception of Dunn without being a contender. At which point we would be hard-pressed to find a team willing to part with a strong right handed bat. And what position would we be looking at for this bat? Maybe a 3B? Is EdE really done, or could we chalk him up as a slow starter and an excellent finisher?

Either way, Dusty has to be on fire right now and hopefully he can help this team figure out how to score runs. Right now, the only two bats I like in this lineup are Keppinger and Bako. Bako will go back to his mean and then we are left with Keppinger. Maybe Patterson can be added to that short list as well as far as clutch goes.

Things need to change and it may have to start with bringing in a few new faces and sending down or sending out a few others.
    well #1 what about Patterson.. #2.. How is Bruce Hitting right now #3 I am almost fed up with EdE I remember Larkin was a Slow starter.. so maybe its just me being silly, but i am getting sick of this early season funk.. especially with these other slow starters we have.. its awful that when we finally get some pitching, we can't hit

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You mean, what about Patterson being available?

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    You mean, what about Patterson being available?
    you didn't even factor him in.. as staying or going

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

If I didn't mention them, I meant they would stay. I want to see what Patterson can do this season.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Right now, I am at a loss as to what to think about the immediate future of this club. I am in no way ready to panick, but as a guy that expects the worst and hopes for the best, I still expect this team to hit.

I am embarassed of this weekend's performance. 32! 32 players left on base in the series. Are you kidding me? 32!

This has got to change. They have to get out of the "we are nothing but a bunch of guys that hit bombs" culture of thinking. They don't even seem interested in hitting the baseball. We need protection for Dunn and EdE is not that right now. We need a way to even put the bat on the ball against LHP. We need to see BP stop swinging for the fences on the first pitch that is ALWAYS a breaking pitch. He misses it every time and it is almost always out of the strikezone.

This team has not meshed well in the offensive department. Is it too early to be nervous? Thank God for the day off today, maybe they can get their heads out of their......

Let's just see how much Dusty hates to lose. Pretty good start to the season has all left us clueless as to why things fell off this weekend. Or should we have expected it? Our offense has been atrocious.

The more I think about it, the more I get ticked off. Votto has to start everyday. I don't even know what to think about EdE. He has taken plenty of walks, but just isn't making solid contact. And his defense is again flat out ridiculous. I think I will blow a fuse if he makes another throwing error.