Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 10 APR 2008 (Rubber Game)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Reds @ Brewers 10 APR 2008 (Rubber Game)

Harang's velocity can vary a good bit. On good nights, he can hit 93 and 94 when he cranks it up, other times he can more around 89, 90 when you can tell he isn't feeling it that night. But this is the kind of game that shows why Harang is our ace, even if someone like Cueto continues to be a rookie sensation.... Harang can win on the nights without his best stuff like today and that is what it takes to anchor a rotation. His stuff is great when he is on, but if it isn't, he is enough of a student of the game to know how to pitch a quality outing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

One thing I hope Dusty takes from this game is the fact that this team's ability to lay a bunt down in crucial situations is horrible. I think Dusty will address this as he looks disgusted when these things don't work out. But it has to happen real soon.

MLB ERA

Nice to have a manager with some passion in those situations you mention, redsr.

And I think Harang's OK. I was worried last year when he dropped in velocity for several starts last year and seemed to be falling off on his pitches, but he got everything together after a while.

He hasn't had the high velocity much so far this year, though the fact he reached it LATER in today's game makes me less concerned if anything.

And though it's 10 games, can you believe that the Reds have given up only 37 runs?? That's less than 4 runs per game on AVERAGE for the pitching staff!

Take out that clunker Fogg pitched in and it's a little over 3 runs per game on average!

Have to feel good if we can continue to pitch at a rate even close to that level.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yep, the Reds bounced right out of Miller Park with a series win and held Fielder hitless (0-11) in the series. Congrats!!! We will see you later in the month.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567