Thread: Cordero Making Headlines

MLB ERA

Cordero Making Headlines

ESPN - Reds closer Cordero says Brewers had chances to re-sign him prior to 2007 - MLB

According to Francisco Cordero, the Brewers had the opportunity to re-sign him, and essentially the Reds signed him only because the Brewers didn't make an early offer. The Reds obviously profited from this deal, as they ended up with one of the better closers in the game. Does this make any of you guys feel any differently that Cordero may have preferred to be somewhere else?

Re: Cordero Making Headlines

No, not really. He said prior to the close of the 2007 season. He had his choice on the open market and decided to come here, despite the Brewers off season offer.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

you can have him. I lost faith in him by the end of the year last year. He struggles on the road. He is one of the top closers in the game now, I guess. He just makes it way too interesting when he comes into the game. He does have good stuff though. He can be unhittable at times.

MLB ERA

I guess. But it's kind of odd to see a guy on one team talk about preferring to be on another team... Cordero is still a pretty good closer, and the Reds needed one