Thread: Been a while

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Been a while

How is everyone?

I'm pretty psyched about this season, especially now that I can watch the 8th inning on out and not plan on throwing a brick through my TV every night.

I swear that my dog would see the game on the TV and would go into hiding after the 7th inning...because she knew that I was bound to flip out sooner rather than later.
    People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Been a while

I don't recognize a lot of the names here but some of the older guys (Mission and CRF) might remember me from waaaaaaay back in the day.
    People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I remember you bro. You were on the old site when I first joined. Good to see you here and welcome back!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hey Eric, welcome back. I'm glad to see you.

I think Reds fans who have grown frustrated over the years, the non-fair weather fans, will have a hard time this season. I've talk to so many Reds fans on campus who want to believe in this but just find it hard to really get behind it despite acknowledging that this is the best chance (and team) we've had in years. But this start by Cueto has pushed many I believe beyond the point of no return in optimism. I don't want to put too much pressure on the kid, but seeing such a result so quickly is hard not to get behind. Even back in the day, we talked about the Reds firing on all cylinders but one for the night and the rare moment it ever clicks.... I think when you combine the natural talent and ability of the roster with the fact that Dusty is going to be working with them to get the little runs in, so we can at least stay close, we're going to finally get an outcome we can support.

If I am more excited about Reds baseball come late September than I am right now, it will truly be one of the happiest times in my life. Guys who around 20 like I am really haven't had an opportunity to see the Reds succeeding AND have an understanding of the game overall which permits them to enjoy it even more.

MLB ERA

Eric The Red!!! How goes it??? It has indeed been a while.

I am definitely starting to get hyped about this season and the future and echo mission's thoughts from above.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Sure it's hard for us die hards...after getting your heart ripped out for soooo long you tend to be a bit skeptical.

I mean the last decent guy I can remember in our bully was Sullivan who it seemed pitched every freaking night. He leaves and we bring in a bunch of guys who made you feel like you just chased a triple shot of tequila with a large glass of curdled milk.

Is it me, or did I just describe every outing Todd Coffey had last year?

As far as the bats go, can we do a bit of small ball? HR's don't come as much when you're pressing and last time I checked, a single is still better than an out. So let's try and make solid contact, play fundamental baseball and let the chips fall where they may.

Lastly, old Edwin Encarnacion...the man who has never seen an error he didn't like. Does this guy realize that Shaq isn't at first base? Did he have one of my tequila/milk shots prior to his crapball the other night to home?

Some guys here won't remember him, but I used to frigging hate Dennis Reyes. The guy was a home run serving machine. I get the same feeling seeing a ball hit to Encarnacion that I did when Reyes took the field.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30 View Post
    Eric The Red!!! How goes it??? It has indeed been a while.

I am definitely starting to get hyped about this season and the future and echo mission's thoughts from above.
    All is well. I'm psyched about the season but I'm also a bit leery. I'll never stop cheering for them but they'll have to do it for a bit longer before I grab a big old 'cup a reds kool aid'.