Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Game 3: DBacks @ Reds (Cueto's Debut)

Re: Game 3: DBacks @ Reds (Cueto's Debut)

Where would we have been last year if Stormy walked the bases loaded in the 8th or 9th inning?

This just shows the improvements we made. Last year we would have lost this game for sure. Last year, Weathers was our number one man out of the bullpen, and he struggled today. Could you imagine him coming into the 9th and walking 3 straight? We would have been done for. Cueto looks to be the real deal Holyfield. I can't wait to see the highlights, I wouldn't be surprised to see a piece on him during BT/SC. I hope Volquez can pitch well to in his debut, although I don't expect him to be near this good. If Cueto can continue what he showed to day, we might still have something to talk about in September. BTW, I just found out I'm going to the game on Saturday, so I'll let you guys know how they look!

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Great points guys. We do have big games ahead of us for sure if we can pull off something like this.
    Our pitching won this game without a doubt and we just aren't used to that around here. Weathers sucked it off today, but Lincoln came in and got the job done. Then there was Cordero.

So we have a few weapons in the pen as well. I think Weathers and Affeldt will get it turned around and things will be good. Not everyone can have their best outing everytime out. So, I am glad to have the win as well.

This series didn't look too good offensively to me, but I did see a few things that have shown a new look for this team. Dunn has played small ball effectively and you have to love that approach. And Keppinger can flat out hit. We just have to use the patience shown today and couple it with moving the runners over and getting them in. We weren't even moving runners over today. Its just something I would like to see us build on.

We did face arguably the 2 best pitchers in the national league as well. I think Weathers will be fine, the big question in my mind is where Kepp is going to play when Gonzalez gets back. Do we ship out Encarnacion? or keep him or Gonzalez on the bench?

GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Good point about the 2 best pitchers in the NL.

Also, I am glad we are getting a chance to see what both EdE and Keppi can do. Perhaps this makes Gonzo tradeable? I doubt they would go that way thought because Gonzo brings the defense that we sorely need right now.

Either way, it will be good to see Castro go away as well.

I could also see a deal of Ede, Hatte, and maybe Fogg for an upgraded SP?

GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I can never figure out packaging players because there never seems to be a team in need of a 3B plaus a 1B and a 5th SP. But that is a haul for whoever would take that in a deal.

Ya me neither, it would be nice though haha.

GET NOTICED.

AAA ERA

After watching his start this afternoon, I knew I had to trek back here. Looks like the Reds have themselves a young Pedro clone.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Welcome back Roy!

Yup, we have two young Pedro's. Just look ahead to Sunday and watch Edinson Volquez.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cueto's box score looks mighty impressive for a debut. Maybe one of you can put it in the "new team debuts" thread I would also like to congratulate an old friend Dusty Baker on his first wins as Reds manager.

AAA ERA

ED! I've already seen him. Wonder if he'll be able to locate his nasty arsenal.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Cueto's box score looks mighty impressive for a debut. Maybe one of you can put it in the "new team debuts" thread I would also like to congratulate an old friend Dusty Baker on his first wins as Reds manager.

Its Dusty's 2nd win!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've seen the highlights now twice on ESPN. He kept it down and off the center of the plate and was using several pitches as the punchout pitch, not to mention just attacking each batter with sense of fearlessness.... that is what I love to see. Bailey could learn a lot from Cueto if he started to model his MLB mode of attack after what Johnny does.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011