Thread: Aurilia says he didn't demand to be traded

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Aurilia says he didn't demand to be traded

HOUSTON - Rich Aurilia has been upfront about his desire to be in the Reds' starting lineup every day, which he said he feels no need to apologize for.

But the rumors that surfaced Wednesday on Cincinnati sports talk radio that the veteran infielder had demanded a trade from the Reds were entirely inaccurate, he said.

"I didn't demand anything," Aurilia said. "I voiced my opinion that I wasn't pleased with not playing every day, but that's not demanding a trade."

Aurilia, who is hitting .192 with three home runs and 12 RBIs in 27 games, was not in the starting lineup Wednesday night.

He may get in there a few times this weekend, though. Aurilia is a .286 career hitter at Coors Field, and his 10 home runs there are his second-most in a ballpark he hasn't called home.

Marc Lancaster
    http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs....506020319/1027

AA ERA

Well hopefully some has the balls to tell him hes a role player now and thats it. Hes not going to hit 37 HR this year so shut up. He also needs to realize that FeLo OPS right now Aurilia cant reach.

god he sucks. unbelievable. nice job dano, go out and displace one of the better ss in the league with an old crappy clubhouse cancer. why not give him 8.5 mil as well?
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

AAA ERA
    i wish he had demanded a trade, we dont' need his mouth in the club house