Thread: Ross ready for Opening Day?

Reds Ross ready for Opening Day?

David Ross, still dealing with a sore back, says he's not worried about being ready for Opening Day -- not because he's sure he will be, but because he can't control it.

"The last thing I want to do is rush it," he said. "I want to be out there. I haven't had this problem before. Right now, I can't run. If I tried to spring, my back would lock up on me."

Ross has hit soft toss and run on the treadmill the last few days. He hopes to take batting practice today.

Dusty Baker is dealing with the possibility that Ross won't be ready. Opening Day is two weeks from tomorrow.

“It’s going to be a little tough,” Baker said. “You’ve got throwing, squatting. I hope so. You’ve got to get at-bats for timing. You also have to get timing as a catcher. I would like to get him in there and catch some of the guys he hasn’t caught before."

That's a long list in this camp -- Edinson Volquez, Josh Fogg, Johnny Cueto and Francisco Cordero.
    Reds Insider: Ross ready for Opening Day?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Ross ready for Opening Day?

So how do you guys feel about Bako? I mean, I know Ross sucks with the stick and has good D. And Valentin is the complete opposite. How much worse could Bako be?