Thread: Is Cueto Ready?

Is Cueto Ready?

Cueto's line for today:
    3 innings 4 ks and 1 hit.
    Everyone haas been impressed with him, including Dusty, and seem to think he deserves a spot. Will the Reds give it to him? Or will they automatically throw him in AAA due to lack of experience?

Personally, he is becoming my favorite player. No attitude problems (as hinted with Bailey), great work ethic and just nasty stuff. I would put him at number 4 in the rotation if the season started today, to keep the pressure off of him.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Re: Is Cueto Ready?

Those are some pretty impressive numbers. I don't know who he faced (or what major leaguers included in that lineup), but if he can pitch like that, than you guys might have one HELL of a future

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think he'll need more seasoning given the level jumps he has made in a short period of time. However, I would love to put him in the pen and let him build up his confidence there to move him to the rotation after consistent success.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I'm a proponent of putting young guys who aren't 100% ready in the bullpen. I doubt Joba would have had the same success as a starter...not to compare him to Cueto, but we saw how that worked out. I'm with mission here.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I love the guy as well and am very excited about the future of this rotation. Its strange to hear everyone on radio and in magazines and throughout the entire organization when they talk about Cueto. He has already jumped in front of Bailey in everyone's mind. Except the big minor league minds like John Sickels. (even though they still have Cueto in their top 50 spect list.)

I say start him in AAA as well. And I think Krivsky will see it this way too. I am pretty sure Fogg has the 4th spot locked up (or likely will be the 4rd guy with Belisle going down to 4th). Then it is probably Volquez and hopefully Affeldt takes his 2 pitches to the pen.

2009 rotation:
    Harang
    Volquez
    Arroyo
    Cueto
    Bailey

2010 rotation:
    Cueto
    Harang
    Bailey
    Volquez
    Arroyo

MLB ERA

That 2010 rotation looks pretty good.
    I would give this kid a little bit of time in AAA to prepare mentally for the bigs. Let him (and Volquez) get their bodies ready to handle the job they will be expected to do in the near future.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA

yeah no doubt i hope it works out that our 2010 rotation looks like that..

yeah its too bad, but i think he needs to start in AAA.. just to see if he can keep it up.. i don't want to see him get rocked.. if he comes out smoking in
    AAA get a quick call up