Thread: Griffey proves he likes 'hot dogs'

MLB ERA

Griffey proves he likes 'hot dogs'

Griffey wanted hot dog, nachos but singles instead

By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

For John Burns of Cincinnati, last Wednesday in Great American Ball Park was a day to never forget for him and his 8-year-old grandson, Henry.

Henry got to eat a hot dog. . .and have his hero, Ken Griffey Jr., tease him about it.

Henry was sitting behind the Reds dugout, wearing his No. 30 Griffey jersey and eating a hot dog when Griffey, walking to the on-deck circle, spotted the kid.

"Is that hot dog good? You got one for me? I get hungry during a game," Griffey told him. "What I'd really like are some nachos. Will you get some for me?'"

Then Griffey singled.

Next time in the on-deck circle, Griffey looked at Henry and said, "Where's my nachos?"

Then Griffey singled again.

Next time in the on-deck circle, Griffey said to Henry, "Still no nachos. You know, I'm really disappointed in you. You got any brothers or sisters? A brother? Next time he gets to sit in that seat because you are banned forever for not getting me nachos."

Then Griffey singled for the third time.

The biggest hit, though, was with Henry.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Griffey is just a genuine nice guy, plain and simple. He might not be a favorite of the media but you can tell from everything you read about him that he really enjoys children and putting a smile on their face.

MLB ERA
    hahahah griffey griffey griffey continues to crack me up
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    thats y i love him.

AA ERA
    griffey is a class act. i want to just spend a day with him b/c he is like many a hero. even to me he is the man. he might get capped on sayin he gets injured too much or is paid so much for doing so little but he doesn't care. he just goes out there and plays the game he loves. i bet you anything if he could he'd play for free. well.. but really he is the man.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great tidbit on Junior. he has been real talkative to the fans this year it seems. I don't really remember hearing of him talking while in the on deck circle prior to this season.

Exactly why Griffey should go to the Hall. I'm sick of haters saying he shouldn't..he's a nice guy, contributes to the community and is a good player.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic