Thread: The Fogg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Fogg

Josh Fogg is set to sign with the Reds, according to the Rocky Mountain News.
    We'll assume this is more legitimate than Tracy Ringolsby's last scoop (Livan Hernandez to the Mets). According to the report, Fogg would be guaranteed just $1 million. The so-called dragon slayer appeared likely to land a two- or three-year deal at the beginning of the winter. Still, this is a lot closer to what he's worth.
    What the hell, he did help get the Rockies into the World Series. Fogg isn't getting a lot of money and it helps keep some pitchers in AAA for their own good. I like this better than the Kyle Lohse signing last year.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Fogg

$1 million?!?! Didn't the Rockies offer him a $5 million deal and he turned it down because he wanted more?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reds GM Wayne Krivsky didn't confirm that the Reds and Josh Fogg are close to a deal, though he did admit they've been talking.
    FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal said it was a three-team race, though he didn't know who the other two teams are. He did say the Red Sox weren't involved.
    Looks like nothing is concrete yet. Dirty, you're right about Fogg turning down $5 million. Who the **** is his agent?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Honestly, at 1 million I can tolerate Fogg.... anymore and it's pointless to sign as he is no better than many of the options we have in-house. For depth though, if true, it's OK by me (not preferable, but OK.)