Thread: Phillips Gets Long Term Deal?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Phillips Gets Long Term Deal?

According to the Dayton Daily News, the Reds have agreed to terms with Brandon Phillips on a multi-year contract.
    Details of the deal haven't been revealed yet, but Phillips' scheduled arbitration hearing has reportedly been canceled. Phillips was asking for $4.5 million in his first year of arbitration eligibility, meaning that the contract must span at least four seasons to buy out any free agency.
    If true, the Reds did some good here. I am guessing it will be around 4 yrs/$25 million. With Dunn and Griffey gone after this season, the Reds needed to lock down Phillips. He has power and speed and plays a good second base. The way the market goes, Phillips is a steal.

Re: Phillips Gets Long Term Deal?

Great news. Phillips has really had quite a different attitude here than I thought he would. Nice to see some one who wants to be the next Barry Larkin, as I believe that is goal.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

AAA ERA

you know after his season in 06 i said.. lets see him do it again.. and man last year he blew that up.. great signing.. one of the best signings IMO the reds have done in a while.. they waited to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and then locked him up..

Hopefully he continues to put up numbers like this every year. I am a very optimistic person, so I believe in him!

The only good defensive player the Reds have, who also had a 30/30 season.

AAA ERA

i am a pessimistic person.. so i don't expect guys to do that every year, but if he is a consistant 20/20 and hits around .300 with his defense.. thats fantastic for a MIF