Thread: Another First Baseman?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Another First Baseman?

Reds signed first baseman Craig Wilson to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
    Wilson is probably still capable of being a solid platoon partner for either Joey Votto or Scott Hatteberg at first base, but the position will be awfully crowded if the Reds decide to keep all three players on the roster.
    Interesting signing here from the Reds. Reds already have Votto and Hatteberg and have signed Andy Phillips too. I know Wilson can play the OF too but he's no good out there.

Re: Another First Baseman?

A good low risk move by Krivsky, if Wilson flops the Reds aren't out anything. If he turns out to be something you can flip him or someone for something of value. It sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Can play 1B, OF and even catch. Low risk signing, seems to be a trend with Krivsky. I really like that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Non-roster first baseman Craig Wilson was in Reds camp Wednesday for his physical, but he was absent Thursday.
    Either he flunked the physical or left on his own accord. The Reds could release a statement soon.
    So much for that!

MLB ERA

He may have simply been offered some money to go somewhere else. That said, he could have been a useful lefty-killer.