Thread: Batting Around with Adam Dunn

MLB ERA

Batting Around with Adam Dunn

The Vitals: 6-6, 240

DOB: November 9, 1979, in Houston, Texas

Childhood Heroes: "I really didn't have any childhood heroes."

Nicknames: "I want to skip that one, there's a lot of them [smiles]."

Hobbies/Interests: "I like fishing, hunting and playing PlayStation."

Early Baseball Memory: "I can remember when I was four-years-old, I was on the All-Star team in T-ball. I played catcher. If you know anything about T-ball and catching, the catcher does nothing except when they swing and miss, you put the ball back on the tee for them. That was me, the All-Star catcher [smiles]."

Favorite Movies: "'Tombstone', 'Weekend At Bernie's', 'Shawshank'."

Musical Tastes: "Country, any kind of country. Pretty much anything."

Favorite TV Shows: "'Friends', and 'Simpsons'."

Childhood Dream: "I was going to be a doctor all the way. But it didn't work out."

First Car: "A white Dodge truck."

First Job: "This is it, baseball [smiles]."

Favorite Meal: "Mexican food."

Favorite Breakfast Cereal: "I would have to go with Froot Loops."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Vanilla."

Pre-Game Feeling: "I'm just relaxed. I really don't get nervous. Just wondering when the wait is going to be over. Another day. This is your job. You've got to go out there and take it seriously."

Greatest Sports Moment(s): "So far, I'd say the greatest moment would have to be just making the big leagues. (Adam was recalled from Triple-A Louisville on July 20, 2001. He played that night in Florida and got his first hit in his second at-bat against Matt Clement.) And being an All-Star (in 2002)."

Most Painful Moment: "I haven't had any really painful ones."

Worst Injury: "I guess that would be in 2000. I broke my thumb and had 17 stitches taken over my eye. The third baseman ran into me on a pop-up.

Closest Baseball Friend: "I've got a bunch."

Funniest Player(s) Encountered: "I'm gonna have to go with someone like Kent Mercker -- he's funny. Do they have to be in baseball still? (No.) Pete Harnisch, he was the best. He was hilarious. Funniest human being on earth [smiles]."

Toughest Competitors: "You gotta go with people like Clemens. And I'll tell you what -- Jake Peavy is up there too."

Funny Baseball Memory: "We were in A-ball. My buddy's name was Randy Stegell and he had a pretty good game, so he had an interview on TV. He never had that before so he was really excited. So we kind of got him with shaving cream in the face [smiles]. And he kind of took it personal. So I get out of the shower and get dressed and go to put my shoes on and my freakin' shoes are filled with shaving cream. He thought that was really funny."

Favorite Vacation Spot: "I like Tennessee ... Gatlinsburg. It's in old folks' territory, but I like it."

Favorite Uniforms: "I'm gonna have to say Toronto's."

Favorite Ballpark: "Houston."

Embarrassing Baseball Moment: "I haven't had any real embarrassing stuff. Just normal stuff, like droppin' flyballs. Nothing really out of the ordinary."

Favorite Athletes To Watch: "I like watching Larry Walker. I liked Bo Jackson back in the day. (Basketball?) I'm not a big basketball guy ... since Hakeem (Olajuwon) left Houston. (Boxing?) I like Bernard Hopkins. (Tennis?) Besides Anna Kournikova -- she's my all-time favorite -- I like Andy Roddick. And Maria Sharapova (Golf?) Steve Elkington. Gotta go with my boy. We're pretty good friends."

People Qualities Most Admired: "I think honesty ... to me. And I don't like selfish people. So you've got to be honest and not selfish."
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    playin catcher in t-ball.....lol

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    All good stuff! Thanks ghetto. I wonder how much this will cahnge over the years? Hopefully he is a Red long enough to find out.