I have been thinking about a few things the last few days in concern of our current roster. Specifically, I have been thinking about the rotation (as all of us have).

As it stands; our rotation looks like this:

RedsRotation 
#Pos.Name
1.SPHarang
2.SPArroyo
3.SPBelisle
4.SPVolquez
5.SPBailey

Note: I included Bailey because I believe he has the best shot and earning a spot in the rotation. But feel free to add Cueto or Maloney instead.

Now, I still believe that Krivsky is not done with acquiring help on the mound. Even though Bedard may be completely out of the picture, there still may be some money available to spend for a free agent starter. Afterall, there are plenty out there that will not demand a fortune to sign:

John Fay:

Do you think they'd be well-served to add a second-tier free agent? Livan Hernandez, Steve Trachsel, Bartolo Colon, Jason Jennings, Freddie Garcia, Kris Benson, Matt Clement and Jon Lieber are still out there. Other than Hernandez, there are health questions about them all.
I have to believe that Krivsky is not thinking that we can contend with what we have. Guys like Bailey, Cueto, Volquez, and Belisle cannot be depended on to be the 3rd or 4th guy in the rotation.

Krivsky knows that he has to win now. He asked BCast to shell out some money for a closer (Cordero) and he got what he asked for. Now that he has spent his boss's money, he has to show that he is building a winner. Maybe a little more oney has to be given, but something has to be done.

So lets say one of the free agents that Fay mentioned is signed. Our rotation then looks like this:

RedsRotation 
#Pos.Name
1.SPHarang
2.SPArroyo
3.SPAcquisition
4.SPBelisle
5.SPVolquez

That looks much better, doesn't it? Of course it all depends on who the acquisiion is. But it also means that Bailey is not up with the big club. Yes Rick Sweet and the Bats would be ecstatic, but what does this mean for guys like Bailey and Cueto?

Lets say that our rotation with the new acquisition works out decently. None of the guys get hurt at all and they spend the entire year in this format. Would we expect Bailey and Cueto to stay in Louisville? Would we call them up and try and trade Belisle and the acquisition? Or do we trade Bailey and/or Cueto?

I seriously believe that if a guy like Lieber is signed, there is definitely no room for Bailey or Cueto until someone proves he is not worthy or someone is injured. But before that can happen, I bet one of them could be traded. For what? I have no clue, but it would likely be some bullpen arms.