Thread: mlbtraderumors.com suggests Rich Hill or Noah Lowry

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

mlbtraderumors.com suggests Rich Hill or Noah Lowry

The Reds want to acquire a starter, but they spent all their money on Francisco Cordero. The plan is to trade a young player for a cheap starter. Joey Votto and especially Jay Bruce would be near impossible to acquire. However the Reds will listen on Josh Hamilton and Edwin Encarnacion. They never seemed to like Encarnacion. Crasnick thinks the Cubs could work for Hamilton but they'd need to pony up more than Sean Marshall. Would Rich Hill be too much? It's been said in the past that the Rangers inquired on Hamilton. The Giants, meanwhile, would love to pry Encarnacion loose - Noah Lowry anyone?

The Giants are getting a lot of play in links with EdE right now.

Noah Lowry? I would definitely listen in on talks with him. But at what price? Straight up for EdE? The Giants would be getting hosed and are not that dumb. Of course, I would rather Lincecum, but maybe a lighter deal for Lowry could fit.

Rich Hill? Although I would be reluctant to trade a big spect to the Cubs, I would have to listen in on Hill as well.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: mlbtraderumors.com suggests Rich Hill or Noah Lowry

mlbtraderumors?
    A "rumor? Check.
    Baseless? Check.
    Using speculation from others as a source? Check.

I also like how it's noted we have spent "all" of our money when no one, not even the ever reliable mlbtraderumors would of guessed the Reds to spend nearly this much as it is.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lowry for Encarnacion wouldn't be a bad deal at all. Lowry is well-liked pitcher and one of my favorites but did have elbow problems last year. Lowry is a poor man's Tom Glavine and has only pitched 200 innings once. Encarnacion isn't the greatest defensive third baseman but will continue to get better and be a 35-30 homer guy who will hit for a far better average then Feliz. If the Giants deal Lowry, Lincecum would be pulled form any trade talks.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I agree with everything said there man. There is going to be a heck of a lot more speculation to come through, but I am open to discuss any possibility.

Crasnick (ESPN) was the one who mentioned all of our money being spent. Thats where they got that from.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

The thing that scares me the most about EdE is that Krivsky doesn't seem to care for him. Remember the send down to Louisville last season? Remember the constant complaining we had when EdE sat the pine to make room for guys who shouldn't even be mentioned in here anymore? The management just doesn't seem to like him and maybe he will be dealt.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    mlbtraderumors?
    A "rumor? Check.
    Baseless? Check.
    Using speculation from others as a source? Check.
    Exactly...I was on that site the other day and they said Kaz Matsui had re-signed with the Rockies. Never trust that site...

Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post

The Giants are getting a lot of play in links with EdE right now.

Noah Lowry? I would definitely listen in on talks with him. But at what price? Straight up for EdE? The Giants would be getting hosed and are not that dumb. Of course, I would rather Lincecum, but maybe a lighter deal for Lowry could fit.

Rich Hill? Although I would be reluctant to trade a big spect to the Cubs, I would have to listen in on Hill as well.
    I disagree, Lowry with all due respect to reefer isn't a guy I would want for anyone resembling EE. He is a flyball pitcher who walks about as many as he K's (about 4 1/2 - 5 a game). In GABP or anywhere outside of the NL West he is a bad starter. He can get by on those big parks with a good defense behind him but beyond that he is not a good option. Back in '05 he wasn't too bad probably a #3 or #4 here but now he wouldn't be a fit. I would be reluctant to trade Ryan Freel for him.

Rich Hill maybe, at least he K's some guys but his control can be brutal at times. As can Chris Capuano but I have been convinced recently that he wouldn't be all that bad if you can put a good defense behind him he can be a good #4 for us this coming year and could be had cheaper than Hill.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Exactly...I was on that site the other day and they said Kaz Matsui had re-signed with the Rockies. Never trust that site...
    Good point, it's all speculation and enuendo on their parts. And some bad speculating I might add.

Buck, how did you do that with your avatar? I would love to be able to do that with mine.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Lowry's low ERA has simply impressed me for a while now. But I can agree with your thoughts on him. He probably isn't the best fit for GABP for sure. I am now happy that this is pure speculation and there isn't mention of being in Krivsky's crosshairs.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Now mlbtraderumors is adding the Reds to the Bedard sweepstakes:

There's been a ton of trade interest in Bedard (as you might expect). Andy MacPhail is still talking about signing him to an extension, but no one really buys it. The package he'll get in trade should rival what the Twins get for Johan.
    The Dodgers, Mariners, and Mets have been pursuing Bedard the most aggressively. More meetings with the Mets should occur today. The Mariners could make an intriguing offer built around Adam Jones and Brandon Morrow.
    A new team is added to bring the tally to nine: the Reds are interested. However, Jay Bruce is off the table.

Lincecum? Bedard? These things keep me up at night.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

9:52 p.m., from Jerry Crasnick
    • The Cubs don't have much hope of prying loose center fielder Josh Hamilton from Cincinnati. The Reds are willing to trade Hamilton, but they would prefer not to deal him to another club in the National League Central.
    Hikll has got to be out of the question and I haven't heard that he is even available anyway. Moving on...

Next...