Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds are interested in Lincecum?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Reds are interested in Lincecum?

Cincinnati is apparently interested in San Francisco right-hander Tim Lincecum, but if the Giants insist on Reds outfield prospect Jay Bruce as part of any deal, look for the Reds to back off.
    Bruce, 20, hit a combined .319 with 26 homers and 89 RBIs in 133 games at three Minor League stops in 2007. The left-handed hitting Bruce is considered one of the team's cornerstones of the future.
    Link

Um, maybe you should have drafted him in the first place. Learning experience?

Anyhow, if they ask for Bruce, then no deal. But we still have plenty to offer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Reds are interested in Lincecum?

Every team is interested in Lincecum.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yes but if the Reds are even mentioned, it is a huge thing. It has to be taken serious because Krivsky keeps everything close lipped. Maybe the Giants FO mentioned the Reds interest? I think that could be true because I am positive it did not come from the Reds.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If Lincecum is involved, the Giants better get Encarnacion, Votto and top middle relief prospect. That would fill three holes. Lincecum is worth a lot.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    If Lincecum is involved, the Giants better get Encarnacion, Votto and top middle relief prospect. That would fill three holes. Lincecum is worth a lot.
    I would hate to get rid of EE but I may have interest in doing that deal. Tyler Pelland (AAA LH) or Josh Roenicke (AA RH) may fit that bill.

I would then go ahaed and offer Feliz a 3 yr deal as long as it didn't top more than 15-18 mill. Is he as good defensively as some suggest he is reefer? I already know enough about his undisciplined plate approach and and his power (which would go up significantly at GABP).

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

We don't have a top middle relief prospect unless you like Todd Coffey who has big potential and good stuff, but just can't miss bats.

EdE could be had for Lincecum, but adding Votto would be a bit too much. Maybe a SP spect like Travis Wood?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants need offense and in a bad way. Votto and Edwin would fill our holes in the infield. Lincecum has #2 starter written all over him and we will have to be blown away to get rid of him. Giants biggest need is in the bullpen. Giants would need someone with closer potential.

Mario, Feliz does play GG calibur defense which is his only upside. I would say he would do a lot better in the power department playing his home games in Cincy.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    We don't have a top middle relief prospect unless you like Todd Coffey who has big potential and good stuff, but just can't miss bats.

EdE could be had for Lincecum, but adding Votto would be a bit too much. Maybe a SP spect like Travis Wood?
    Well perhaps not a sure thing Jonathan Papelbon type of top of the line, but Roenicke for one could easily turn out to be his stuff is filthy (and when I say that I really mean it). He has only pitched for 2 years (converted OF) and he is already dominating AA. He still has a little way to go but I could see him in Cincy this year if all goes well for him. The same could be said for Pedro Viola who has climbed 5 levels of the organization in 2 years and is now about to polish himself in AA (he could be the LH version of Roenicke). Pelland is a tick below I think talent wise but is still quite good, just needs to polish up his command.

Any of those 3 plus McBeth, Bray and Burton could all be stellar bullpen guys for years to come. Coffey can miss bats, even last year he posted 7 K/9 which is solid. His problem right now is one he pitches in a park that is gopher prone and 2 he has little confidence in his breaking stuff all of a sudden (don't know why). he is somewhere in Brad Lidge Land right now.

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Roenicke is going to be an up and coming prospect in terms of relief arms. He is fresh, has great stuff and will only get better.

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Giants need offense and in a bad way. Votto and Edwin would fill our holes in the infield. Lincecum has #2 starter written all over him and we will have to be blown away to get rid of him. Giants biggest need is in the bullpen. Giants would need someone with closer potential.

Mario, Feliz does play GG calibur defense which is his only upside. I would say he would do a lot better in the power department playing his home games in Cincy.
    Josh Roenicke would be a closer candidate and a good one if he has the mindset (that I don't know either way). He just needs to better his command as well (like Pelland) but again 2 yrs pitching and he is killing people. He just get's a little BB happy now and again, I would have to think he may have a delivery that needs tweeking to make it a more repetitive one as it seems to be a thing where his mechanics get out of sync at times.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tim Lincecum-S-Giants Dec. 3 - 6:28 pm et
    The Reds are showing interest in Tim Lincecum, though they're not willing to give up Jay Bruce for him.
    Bruce for Lincecum straight up would be a poor risk for the Reds, but it'd be difficult for the team to make a deal without using him. Joey Votto and Edwin Encarnacion for Lincecum wouldn't be such a terrible proposal, but we doubt it's one the Giants would accept.
    Looks like rotoworld and I are thinking alike or maybe they are reading the forum

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Looks like rotoworld and I are thinking alike or maybe they are reading the forum
    yes they are right in line.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I say throw in Roenicke or a good AA starter and let's make a deal. Giants could get a possible 50 HRs and 160 RBI and the Reds would be getting a possible 15 wins. Lincecum had a lot of wins blown by our bullpen. The Reds now have a closer.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

So your proposed deal is Roenicke, Votto, and EE for Lincecum?

MLB ERA

Dont know anything about Votto and Roenicke, can you guys tell me what they can do and everything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast