Thread: Welcome Back....Dunn's option picked up!

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Welcome Back....Dunn's option picked up!

to Adam Dunn, Scott Hatteberg and Javier Valentin.....not to Eddie G (for now)

click here

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Welcome Back....

Before I even read it, awesome!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Welcome Back....

Thanks for the heads up bipster! Where have you been man?

Anyhow, this worked out just as many of us predicted. I am so glad to have Dunn back right now. This is the most excited I have been over Dunn ever.

I think Hatteberg would be awesome off the bench and spell Votto every once and a while. But as I have said before, I want him back in a big way to give us depth on the bench but Dusty will use him as a starter for sure. Again, we will be very upset come April over this.

Good to see Valentin back as well.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome Back....Dunn's option picked up!

Two words: Thank God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Now, should we expect an announcement on a possible Dunn extension or do you guys think they will leave it alone until we at least get past the trade deadline?

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

I posted it elsewhere but Hatteberg's situation is a matter of just using basic common sense. There is already a rumor making the rounds that the Rangers are interested in dealing for Hatteberg.

It allows the Reds to have options. They could deal Hattberg for a more necc. piece of the puzzle or deal Votto in a deal for a bigger piece of the puzzle. Either way we have a solid and cheap alternative at 1st Base for '08 and beyond.

Votto/Cantu + A BP arm with promise or perhaps a young catcher (The Rangers are stacked in that dept.)

Hatt/Cantu + A 2nd or 3rd starter (Obviously it would take more than Votto but he is a big chip with which to work).

If they had let Hatty walk they wouldn't have been using their head at a price less than 2 mill for a solid productive guy.

And BTW congrats to all, now it's time to see if we can't get Dunn to waive that no trade clause so we can get a good starter (Erik Bedard?)!

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I like that kind of thinking with Hatteberg. I just listened to Hatteberg's call-in to Daugherty last night and he was extremely excited about Dusty Baker. Almost butt kissing to its finest. But Hatteberg also said that he doesn't believe Dusty is a veteran loving guy. Daugherty even told Hatteberg "No offense to you, but with young guys like Votto, this team has to concentrate on its young talent." (Not exact words). And Hatteberg completely agreed. PR? I never thought Hatteberg was the type, but its possible. I just hope this does not end up being what I fully expect it to be.

Eric Bedard for Dunn? Of course we would have to add plenty more to that, but I would in a heart beat. The Orioles need to realize it is time to rebuild completely. Get rid of everything. They could get three really good spects for Bedard and a few more for Tejada. If they move in this direction, look for some more talks such as this to float around out there.