Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeremy Affeldt signed to 1 year deal!

AAA ERA

Re: Jeremy Affeldt signed to 1 year deal!

yeah honestly, I don't know how I feel.. I guess I am glad it is only a 1 year deal, because I really don't think he is going to work out in the Rotation.. he hasn't been able to nail down a starting job his entire career, so I don't expect it to change anytime soon.. he is a guy who is destined for Middle Relief.. but how many games will he cost us before that is realised.. but at the same time, if he clicks, it could look like a great move

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Jeremy Affeldt signed to 1 year deal!

I hate to say it but I think signings like this and the Hatteberg signing will end up being insanely hard to deal with during the season. I am beginning to think that every manager in major league baseball will play the wrong hand, set the wrong lineup, use a reliever as a starter...

I know we have a new manager, but with the airheads of our past and the history of Dusty's lack ofplaying the right production, we may be stuck saying that these were bad moves. We can't judge a move on the player obtained anymore. Because we have to worry about where he will be used.

Kirk Saarloos #2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12