Thread: What Happened?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What Happened?

This is usually the thread with the most action but no one has posted anything in five days. FIVE DAYS!!!! That has to be a record in here. Anyway here is something you missed while you were gone.

Adam Dunn will undergo surgery Wednesday to clean out his sore right knee.
    It's not a major operation, so this shouldn't have any impact on whether the Reds pick up his $13.5 million option for 2008. Dunn finishes up at .264/.386/.554 with 40 homers in 501 at-bats. Only in 2004 did he have a higher average and OPS. He's hit 40 homers in four straight seasons. The Reds would be crazy not to retain him.

MLB ERA

Re: What Happened?

Yeah this is actually pretty crazy to see the Reds thread not active..This is to bad for the Reds though, first Griffey (again) and now Dunn.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

They all realized the team sucks.

*runs*
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yep, I am just burnt out from such a garbage team. Yet I remain excited about young incoming talent...

MLB ERA

The whole dug by Narron was too big. He is what we thought he was!!!!!!!

This offseason might be the biggest in a number of years. Potential of guys like Bailey, Cueto and Maloney joining the rotation. Potential of a trade for a FA starter (though that might be dumb with the names available unless they get a good deal). Potential of some new bullpen arms through FA and the minors joining some of the younger arms in place (if Krivsky can let go of his vets). Potential of Krivsky getting replaced (unlikely) and of Mackanin getting replaced (possible).

The team may have a window to start competing next year and especially in 2009, but they have to make the smart moves to make that happen.

We'll see if they do.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: What Happened?

Sure hope you guys play spoilers this weekend to help my Brewers!

It sure would be nice!!!

Keep in touch though. I do feel your pain, because of many years of frustrations. Your Reds have actually played pretty well in the 2nd half. Hang in there guys!!!

Negative Optimist
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    They all realized the team sucks.

*runs*

When and how the Reds add to their five World Championships, nine pennants and nine division titles seems less important than the franchises' lineage, which traces a line back to the dawn of the professional game and their role as keeper of the historic flame they lit by birthing the Red Stockings in 1869.