Thread: Jimenez accepts assignment to AA

MLB ERA

Jimenez accepts assignment to AA

It sounds like we are getting ready to send someone to AAA(probably Bergolla), which would explain Jimenez going to AA instead. Bergolla will probably go to AAA when Aurilia is activated, although I don't think Rich will be hanging around long himself.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    It sounds like we are getting ready to send someone to AAA(probably Bergolla), which would explain Jimenez going to AA instead. Bergolla will probably go to AAA when Aurilia is activated, although I don't think Rich will be hanging around long himself.
    Since he accepted does that still mean we have to trade or release him?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    WOW, I cannot believe that he accepts to go to AA. I think it means that we do not have to trade or release him. We could still use him for trade bait if he heats it up in the minor leagues over a few months. I think I am accurate on this assumption, correct?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    WOW, I cannot believe that he accepts to go to AA. I think it means that we do not have to trade or release him. We could still use him for trade bait if he heats it up in the minor leagues over a few months. I think I am accurate on this assumption, correct?

You are correct. They are clearly trying to build his value, and then he'll probably be traded if he plays well over the next few weeks.

Also, it sounds like a Graves trade is getting very close. The Rangers/Mariners/Giants/Marlins are among those most often mentioned, and apparently the Reds had scouts in San Fran. a day or two ago.

You might get your wish, Cincy. Graves might end up in San. Fran.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    A Graves trade would be phenominal! I would take trash for him all the way.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    You are correct. They are clearly trying to build his value, and then he'll probably be traded if he plays well over the next few weeks.

Also, it sounds like a Graves trade is getting very close. The Rangers/Mariners/Giants/Marlins are among those most often mentioned, and apparently the Reds had scouts in San Fran. a day or two ago.

You might get your wish, Cincy. Graves might end up in San. Fran.
    Man if he did go to SF I bet the kayak industry would get an increase when the reds come to town, with Graves pitching against Jr, Dunn, Casey there would be no shortage of balls reaching McCovey Cove.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    DJ had to take his assignment since he isnt a vet player and cleared waivers. It will be interesting to see if he gets his attitude (and laziness) in check and can build some trade value.

As for San Fran and Graves, damn. I would love to have Graves in our division.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    DJ had to take his assignment since he isnt a vet player and cleared waivers. It will be interesting to see if he gets his attitude (and laziness) in check and can build some trade value.

As for San Fran and Graves, damn. I would love to have Graves in our division.
    Are you sure about that mission? I hope graves goes far far away. Graves is going to do just what pedro did to the red sox on a smaller scale. He's overweight and crappy here, and he'll work hard and get in shape and kick ass for someone else to show up the reds because they humiliated him. I hope that we never face him again, because i would just about guarantee that he'll shut us down.

It is nice that enough teams are interested in him as to virtually asure us of some trade value. We'll still have to pay most of his salary, but at least we'll get something back. One rumor i heard was a multi-team deal that had the reds getting latroy hawkins, and i'd take that for damn sure. he's another guy that can turn it around.

Also good to see we won't loose Jiminez, it has to be a wake up call for him to be riding the bus again, millions or no. He knows now that if he doesn't shape up he'll never see the majors again, so hopefully we'll get something for hi in the end too.

Overall, these moves are working out a lot better than i thought they would, financially at least.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Latroy Hawkins! Now that would be amazing. Now way I would get my hopes up though. But I would hope that a lot of teams see Graves as you do Wally. It could be an honest assessment to think that he can bounce back after this. There are a lot of teams that need bullpen help, so Graves may be marketable. And Hawkins may be hated by the Cubs right now, but he still has a 3.50 ERA on the season. Maybe a change os scenery for the both of them could rejuvinate their careers.

MLB ERA
    If Hawkins is not closing he would do well as a setup guy. Also with his experience could help Wagner grow into a better closer, cause he did have a few good years as a closer if i remember correctly.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels