Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson on the DL

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wilson on the DL

Cincinnati Reds - Placed pitcher Paul Wilson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 17, with right shoulder tendinitis; transferred pitcher Josh Hancock to the 60-day disabled list; purchased the contract of outfielder Jason Romano from Louisville of the International League (AAA).

MLB ERA
    Good news on Wilson. Not good news on Hancock and of course the obligatory Romano callup.

I guess our five starters will be: Harang, Milton, Ortiz, Ramirez, Claussen for now.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am actually not too upset to see Romano called up. He's got pretty decent AAA stats and at the very least could be an effective pinch runner. Roster is getting pretty thinned out at AAA and the MLB, so I am glad it's not a player who should be getting everyday AB's. I wonder if they have worked on him playing the infield anymore. Anyway, I dont mind the move, I just hope he isnt starting all the time like last year. Besides, we could use about ANY help we could get on the bench.

As for Wilson... thank god.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I guess our five starters will be: Harang, Milton, Ortiz, Ramirez, Claussen for now.
    Yep. I just hope Harang gets to make his start though tomorrow or Saturday (both on FSN .)

It's about time. As usual O'Brien was slow on the uptake...

AAA ERA
    im not to disapointed in that rotation you metioned crf30...ortiz has been ok latly and milton just had a great game...and harang is the ace...so im not too disapointed.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Yep. I just hope Harang gets to make his start though tomorrow or Saturday (both on FSN .)

That would be great news!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    im not to disapointed in that rotation you metioned crf30...ortiz has been ok latly and milton just had a great game...and harang is the ace...so im not too disapointed.

I agree with you. Anything w/o Wilson right now is better than something with him.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Great news! Finally.

Upset that Romano got the call up. Rather see EE get the time up. Randa has been out and he could play some there.

Can EE play 2nd also?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by theFatty
    Upset that Romano got the call up. Rather see EE get the time up. Randa has been out and he could play some there.

Can EE play 2nd also?
    i was wondering that.. if he can, I would like to have seen him called up.. especially with Casey out, until WMP comes back we are hurting a bit

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLman2033
    i was wondering that.. if he can, I would like to have seen him called up.. especially with Casey out, until WMP comes back we are hurting a bit
    But then you get into the same situation as Bergolla where they need at bats but you dont want to bench Freel, Kearns, Griffey, Dunn, or Randa (when healthy enough to come bakc) so I can understand the Romano call up, second on that list would have been Kelly the OF to just try to keep Freel at either 2b and 3b at most times.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    But then you get into the same situation as Bergolla where they need at bats but you dont want to bench Freel, Kearns, Griffey, Dunn, or Randa (when healthy enough to come bakc) so I can understand the Romano call up, second on that list would have been Kelly the OF to just try to keep Freel at either 2b and 3b at most times.
    send Bergolla down

I didn't think Bergolla is just quite ready. He is a great glove at 2B, I saw him handle a few tough plays these past 2 days. Turns double plays smoothly, has good range, and wants to play. He is fast and he wants to be here. He isn't the big, fat, mean, lazy second basemen that we had in Jimenez.

Bergolla could hit .240 and I still rather have him over Jimenez. Miley and O'Brien want him to play, and he will.

Also, would you rather have him up here, or Aurilia up here? A guy that won't be here after this year. Or a player that could make an impact down the line.

EDIT: Let me also say, I really think Bergollas bat is about to pick up some. He has really started hitting the ball hard. A line shot to right field, then a line shot to center. A little looper that he was robbed of. He isn't just grounding out to shortstop. He is hitting the ball, they will start falling for him I believe.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bergolla has shown that he can adapt eventually to whatever level he is at. Maybe it's too soon to expect him to do it at the bigs but like fatty mentioned, he is looking like he could turn it around with a change of luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast