Thread: Jorgensen suspended 50 games after unclear drug program failure

MLB ERA

Jorgensen suspended 50 games after unclear drug program failure

NEW YORK (AP) -- Cincinnati Reds catcher Ryan Jorgenson was suspended for 50 games Friday, the third player penalized this year under Major League Baseball's drug program.

The announcement from the commissioner's office did not cite a failed drug test, making it unclear why he was being suspended.

Jorgenson, a 28-year-old originally signed by the Chicago Cubs in 2000, played four games each for Florida in 2005 and the Reds this year. He was optioned to Triple-A Louisville on Aug. 27 and was not recalled when active rosters expanded last weekend.

Two other players have been suspended this year under the major league program.

Tampa Bay pitcher Juan Salas was suspended for 50 games on May 7 following a positive test for a banned performance-enhancing substance. Detroit infielder Neifi Perez was suspended for 25 games on July 6 when he tested positive for a second time for a banned stimulant, then was suspended for 80 games on Aug. 3 following a third positive test for a banned stimulant.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

Re: Jorgensen suspended 50 games after unclear drug program failure

I said before I would not rest until he was busted and although I'm not sure this particular substance was steroid-related, I'm going to go ahead and take credit since I did end up contacting the proper "authorities" about the whole evidence of his steroid use appearing on a site.

Maybe the ambiguity of why he's suspended relates to an ongoing investgation after the proper authorities talked to MLB authorities.

This situation definitely makes me
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Good for you brother. I can't believe some defended him when that information hit, and even more so, some even sucked up to him. What a sad world of fans we can be surrounded by at times.

CRF = DEFENDER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE

MLB ERA

I think we're surrounded by a sad world of fans from both sides of the fence.

For every fan who's willing to stick up for the most obvious roid users you have a fan who's wanting to burn at the stake any player who's name ever appears in the same sentence as "steroids" in random print anywhere.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

That being said, I don't know anything about this specific case.

Hell, I didn't even know who Jorgensen was until I opened this thread.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This drug incident might be of something that isn't performance enhancing. That said, this player had a username at a forum that matched up to a username at a roids and bodybuilding forum (he was actually a moderator there for several years) and at that forum he mentioned being a minor league catcher and other incriminatory posts. Obviously its not fair of me to hang someone based on that, but there was a lot of evidence that made it matchup and I just don't accept knowing that for players who wear the Reds uniform.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs if he is on other drugs as well, but will not be wearing a Reds uni again.

MLB ERA

What mission said.

And if this particular suspension does not relate to steroids but rather another performance-enhancer or even general drugs (maybe he was tested and caught off guard because of something someone in the organization read about other issues?) I will make sure to remind those authorities about the steroid threads, all of which seem to offer some pretty strong evidence into another case made against Jorgy.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    This drug incident might be of something that isn't performance enhancing. That said, this player had a username at a forum that matched up to a username at a roids and bodybuilding forum (he was actually a moderator there for several years) and at that forum he mentioned being a minor league catcher and other incriminatory posts. Obviously its not fair of me to hang someone based on that, but there was a lot of evidence that made it matchup and I just don't accept knowing that for players who wear the Reds uniform.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs if he is on other drugs as well, but will not be wearing a Reds uni again.
    Wow, someone caught via internet message forum posts?