Thread: Reds make a trade for OF Buck Coats

Reds make a trade for OF Buck Coats

Today the Reds and Cubs made a trade that sent Buck Coats to the Reds for a player to be named later.
    Information:
    25 years old
    Left handed hitter, right handed thrower.
    Drafted in the 18th round in 2000 out of HS.
    Has played SS in the past, but spent most of his time in the outfield. Played lots or CF and RF this year in AAA.
    My Take
    Has hit very solid in AAA with a solid line drive rate of 19.7%. Spreads the ball around the field with 60-65 balls hit to each outfield position. Not a big strikeout guy, but not a big walk guy either. Left handed hitter in an already crowded left handed outfield picture in the minors. I am always for adding more talent to the system though and Coats does seem to have some talent, although he is experiencing his best season in the minors so far. He hits lefties and righties about the same (.811 vs .793 OPS).
    Like every trade, it all depends who the Reds are sending the Cubs way before you can say how the trade has worked out.
    Reds Minor Leagues | MVN - Most Valuable Network » Blog Archive » Reds make a trade for OF Buck Coats

Winning the Human Race
    AA ERA

Re: Reds make a trade for OF Buck Coats

If you look at his whole body of work in the minors, you come to the conclusion that we already have this guy on the roster in Jason Ellison.
    I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.